Movie where injured man is dropped into waterfall

Tools    

I'm trying to remember a movie I watched on TV as a kid (so it may have been a made-for-TV movie) where people were in a jungle... I don't know if they were being stalked or just trying to survive, but I think a group of women had a man who was with them that was injured, so they made a stretcher for him to carry him through the jungle.

I always remembered this one scene where the women (at least I think they were only women that were still in the group) were trying to carry the injured man on the stretcher across the top of a waterfall. Someone slips or loses their grip and the man goes over, apparently to a horrible watery death.

I think I remember it because it was a traumatic scene - which makes me wonder if it was a made-for-TV movie - or maybe it wasn't all that horrible, but due to my age I remember feeling traumatized by it.

Probably mid to late 70's.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm trying to remember a movie I watched on TV as a kid (so it may have been a made-for-TV movie) where people were in a jungle... I don't know if they were being stalked or just trying to survive, but I think a group of women had a man who was with them that was injured, so they made a stretcher for him to carry him through the jungle.

I always remembered this one scene where the women (at least I think they were only women that were still in the group) were trying to carry the injured man on the stretcher across the top of a waterfall. Someone slips or loses their grip and the man goes over, apparently to a horrible watery death.

I think I remember it because it was a traumatic scene - which makes me wonder if it was a made-for-TV movie - or maybe it wasn't all that horrible, but due to my age I remember feeling traumatized by it.

Probably mid to late 70's.

I did a search on IMDB for TV movies with the keyword "waterfall", and these were the only two from the 1970s that sounded like they might be the movie:

A Vacation in Hell (1979)

"Five tourists, four women and one man, escape from the group in a holiday camp at a tropical place and get lost. They have to find the way back, but problems are still to come."

Mysterious Island of Beautiful Women (1979)

"Some men in a plane land on an uncharted island. They discover that it's inhabited by women. Women who don't trust men. They try to get them to help them."

In case those are wrong, here's a link to the search results from IMDB if you want to read through them and see if you recognize anything:

https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/...e_type=tvMovie

I did a search on IMDB for TV movies with the keyword "waterfall", and these were the only two from the 1970s that sounded like they might be the movie:

A Vacation in Hell (1979)

"Five tourists, four women and one man, escape from the group in a holiday camp at a tropical place and get lost. They have to find the way back, but problems are still to come."

Mysterious Island of Beautiful Women (1979)

"Some men in a plane land on an uncharted island. They discover that it's inhabited by women. Women who don't trust men. They try to get them to help them."

In case those are wrong, here's a link to the search results from IMDB if you want to read through them and see if you recognize anything:

https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/...e_type=tvMovie
Thanks gbg. Vacation from Hell really sounds like it fits since it described 4 women and 1 man.

("Marcia Brady" and "Agent 99" were in it too! No wonder I was watching it!)

Everything sounds like this was it - the year, made-for-TV, the plot.

I just remember an ill feeling as the man seems to be the key to the women's survival. Then the man is incapacitated and becomes their burden (imagine how devastating that would be in a survival situation)... Then they accidentally drop him over the waterfall! It sure sounds like a Vacation from Hell alright!

I had to edit this post - I now see there are some reviews on IMDB, so I'm going to go read them to see if I can find mention of the scene!

There's a podcast about it as well that may perhaps give confirmation? (No idea, only listened to a snippet to make sure it was actually about that movie)

Yep! That was it! The second comment describes the scene.
(I can't believe you found this so quickly - I figured this one would never have an answer!)

And judging by the reviews I now understand why it left an impression - not as a good movie, but as something a bit traumatic.
Reviewers called it "depressing" and "morbid" and I guess it was when the apparent hero is laid low and then dies so horribly and unceremoniously in a stupid accident caused by his care-givers who formerly depended on him for survival.

Yep! That was it! The second comment describes the scene.
(I can't believe you found this so quickly - I figured this one would never have an answer!)

IMDB is a great search tool if you can figure out how to use it properly. The way that I find movies that I know very little about is to use their keyword search, and then find ways to narrow it down.

For example, for this movie, I started with the movie Superman II because I knew that it had a waterfall scene. Then I clicked on the word "waterfall" in the Plot Keywords section. (You can just search keywords on IMDB, but I find it easier to just start with a movie that I know uses the matching keyword.)

That brought me to an IMDB results page with about 1200 movies, so I clicked the "Movie or TV" section of the results page, and selected "TV Movie". That brought the results down to only 32 TV movies.

Fortunately it turned out to be one of the two TV movies from the 1970s in those results.

That method doesn't always work, but it's worked for me a bunch of times.

Thanks so much!

I guess I'm still much the same as I was when I was a freshman in high school - I'll still watch any survival movie no matter how bad.
(Still one of the worst ones I've ever seen was Survival Island (2005).

And then there's this...
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=43372

Thanks so much!

I guess I'm still much the same as I was when I was a freshman in high school - I'll still watch any survival movie no matter how bad.
(Still one of the worst ones I've ever seen was Survival Island (2005).

And then there's this...
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=43372

You're welcome.

I don't watch a lot of survival movies. I prefer musicals and rom-coms.