A Disney–Sony standoff might have cost Marvel future Spider-Man films.

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-f...er-1202672545/

Sony is like a terrible guitarist that blamed the guitar, till another dude came over, jammed out on it, and made 5 billion dollars. So Sony got jealous, ripped the guitar from him, and smashed the guitar into a million pieces. I suppose The Mouse doesn't really need Spidey, especially when stuff like Black Panther and Captain Marvel make billions at that B.O, and especially after getting all the FOX characters back.

What's funny is that Far From Home became Sony's highest grossing film. They'll regret walking away from the deal in 4-5 years (If they do).
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Can't wait for the 4th version of Spiderman in 20 years.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I didnt think Screwing Garfield over was needed over 1 movie which was not his fault it was bad. Everyone loved Holland but really I loved Sally Field better as Aunt May. Like Marisa Tomei but that seemed odd a Hot Aunt deal. Holland had this Oh Gee Mr Stark or Oh Gee Mr Fury. I think id be fine or would have been fine if established garfield was Spider-Man in the MCU just as much. The issue in Amazing Spider-Man 2 were very fixible.

Does this only affect Holland's Spidey or the other, namely Spiderverse, as well?

I absolutely loved that movie, and even consider it to be the best Spidey movie. I am only concerned about Miles. How does this affect him?

Does this only affect Holland's Spidey or the other, namely Spiderverse, as well?

I absolutely loved that movie, and even consider it to be the best Spidey movie. I am only concerned about Miles. How does this affect him?
Disney had nothing to do with Spider-verse I think

They'll negotiate a deal, eventually. The person who negotiated the deal for Sony now works at Universal, so once a Sony deal is done the Hulk will probably get a similar deal

Both studios are dumb. Disney wants a bigger piece of the pie while Sony wants to keep the same deal.
Seems that the way things are evolving though the same deal with now be much more in Sony's favour. When that deal was signed Marvel was approaching a peak of team up films with Spiderman involved in them. Now though it seems like the near future will be stand alone films for him so I can see the fairness in Marvel wanting to co finance them.

I think Sony might well find they've underestimated the potential backlash from this. A big part of Marvels success has I'd say been that they know not to piss of their fanbase.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Seems that the way things are evolving though the same deal with now be much more in Sony's favour. When that deal was signed Marvel was approaching a peak of team up films with Spiderman involved in them. Now though it seems like the near future will be stand alone films for him so I can see the fairness in Marvel wanting to co finance them.

I think Sony might well find they've underestimated the potential backlash from this. A big part of Marvels success has I'd say been that they know not to piss of their fanbase.
Isn't it Disney pushing for this, not Marvel? I know Disney owns Marvel but these are different bosses making these decisions.

does it really matter to Disney though? They had 5 films cross a billion at the box office this year. $$$$ conquers all.

Suspect's Reviews

Didn't like the MCU at the start... but I decided to get on board and invest...

But now there's no Spidey any more? All damaged by corporate greed?

Me with all MCU movies released after Endgame: