Coronavirus

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I want to see more articles like this one. Nature is ruthless and she is gunning for us. Viruses is this nation’s and this globe‘s biggest threat.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/29C7C682-6EA2-11EA-82CE-84B502831015

I want to see more articles like this one. Nature is ruthless and she is gunning for us. Viruses is this nation’s and this globe‘s biggest threat.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...E-84B502831015
OK I read that, what is it in the article that you're agreeing with? I'm not sure if I follow your train of thought on this.

Went to ShopRite today - they've installed clear plastic barriers at the check out aisles - only about 3 feet wide. They were very unobtrusive and hardly noticable. The newspaper said aisles would all be "one way" (get it? no one passing each other or getting face to face) but that hadn't been incorporated at the one I went to.

A curious thing - I found one lone package of Quilted Northern TP (a 12 pack). I think the reason it hadn't been purchased was because it had a $15.99 price under it! I checked, thinking maybe it was just in the wrong place - but nope, it was for the 12 pack. (That price range is usually on the bottom shelf for the mega-sized packs.) The 12 pack is usually about $7.99 when it's not on sale. Looked like a bit of price gouging had gone on.

There were 4 packs of the new ShopRite brand of TP left - I got one & we won't know the quality till we open it, but it was only a couple bucks. Got 1 roll of the cheapo S.R. paper towels and some generic bleach. (Disinfectent cleaners, wipes, spray, hand sanitizer still sold out.)

You ready? You look ready.
OK I read that, what is it in the article that you're agreeing with? I'm not sure if I follow your train of thought on this.
I agree with it all. Global warming has allowed things to happen that haven’t happened before and they threaten our way of life. From an economic standpoint a virus is our greatest threat.

Something we can’t see has strained our supply chains and shuttered our dining, entertainment, and travel. Almost over night a virus erased 4 years of stock gains.

That’s my point.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Went to ShopRite today - they've installed clear plastic barriers at the check out aisles - only about 3 feet wide. They were very unobtrusive and hardly noticable. The newspaper said aisles would all be "one way" (get it? no one passing each other or getting face to face) but that hadn't been incorporated at the one I went to.

A curious thing - I found one lone package of Quilted Northern TP (a 12 pack). I think the reason it hadn't been purchased was because it had a $15.99 price under it! I checked, thinking maybe it was just in the wrong place - but nope, it was for the 12 pack. (That price range is usually on the bottom shelf for the mega-sized packs.) The 12 pack is usually about $7.99 when it's not on sale. Looked like a bit of price gouging had gone on.
Did you scan the 12-pack of Quilted Northern to make sure that it wasn't just on the wrong shelf? I know a lot of places are price gouging, but the Shop Rite stores around here still have their normal prices.

There were 4 packs of the new ShopRite brand of TP left - I got one & we won't know the quality till we open it, but it was only a couple bucks. Got 1 roll of the cheapo S.R. paper towels and some generic bleach. (Disinfectent cleaners, wipes, spray, hand sanitizer still sold out.)
We bought the Stop and Shop store brand of toilet paper recently, and we were pleasantly surprised that it was actually a high quality product. But the packs we bought were labels as "Premium", so that might be why they were good quality.

Hey people use to use catalogs and many other things for wiping so I imagine humans can use paper towels or napkins if need be.

There might finally be an explanation for why India and Africa haven’t had much cases yet. Looks like all the malaria infected countries have herd immunity and hence fatality rates are lower. This is probably also the reason why chloroquine is working as a treatment. Check out the world infliction maps above for malaria and COVID - mirror image!!!!

In late 2011, the local council allowed a greenbelt to be concreted and turned into houses.
Summer 2012, all the flowers and trees in my local area died.

No birds, no bees.
No flies.
For 8 years, wildlife in the area has been minimal or non-existent.

Humans go into lockdown... and the birds reappear in the thousands within 24 hours, and now, I've got bees in the garden as well after only 3 days.
Big, fat, fluffy white-arsed bumblebees scouting the area for food.

One of the good things about the restrictions over here is a number of people are planting and tending to their gardens as a means of mental well-being (relieving the boredom) which will hopefully prove a boon to insect life and birds in due course.

Yep. The thing with bees as well coming back into the area, is that even the gardens that aren't really tended, will start to bloom as well.
More bees is always a good thing.
Without them, we're all dead.
Lockdown isn't just curbing virus deaths, it's helping agriculture.

Might try planting a banana this afternoon. No idea whether or not the skin needs to be taken off so I'll just peel it halfway before burying it.

Just checked ..... no bananas in the house
Do have some individual Twirls but tbh planting one of them would be far too much of a wrench I think

edit: Ooooh, I could try with one of the wife's glacier cherries

Also while yes having the Virus sucks but also means 66,000 and something are still alive just sick which means more people will get better and I think the recovered number will start going up the warmer the days get. No there is no stat its just my feeling because started happening in China so will here too.

Ashdoc,

That is an interesting observation, but I'm not sure if the science will back that up as far as immunity goes...also note that a chloroquine study from this week proved that it's effectiveness was statistically insignificant from a placebo.

edit: Ooooh, I could try with one of the wife's glacier cherries

Expecting a fully-grown cherry-tree by August at the latest

(just hoping it's not too close in proximity to the nougat plant you can just see at the edge of the photo that I tried planting last year)

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Expecting a fully-grown cherry-tree by August at the latest

(just hoping it's not too close in proximity to the nougat plant you can just see at the edge of the photo that I tried planting last year)
I tried planting a photo in the garden too. Never developed into what the picture promised though =\ May you have better luck than I.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I tried planting a photo in the garden too. Never developed into what the picture promised though =\ May you have better luck than I.
It can be a fickle business, as proved by the nougat plant which amazingly proved an abject failure