Pets

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Possibly 'Squish' if he manages to perfect the art of blending into that sofa
Funny thing: This weekend I watched a random YouTube video of a vet teaching how to handle cats. One thing he said to do when dealing with cats that are agitated is to, "squish the cat." He just kept saying it and was cracking me up. Now you post this and I wonder what the universe is trying to tell me.....

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Lovely to see Squish so well adjusted to his new habitat already!

Funny thing: This weekend I watched a random YouTube video of a vet teaching how to handle cats. One thing he said to do when dealing with cats that are agitated is to, "squish the cat." He just kept saying it and was cracking me up. Now you post this and I wonder what the universe is trying to tell me.....
Dayum, never knew it was such a popular name for cats

Small mercy that the cat seems very alert and healthy. Would be a really rough situation to take in a clearly sick or injured stray (which has happened here in the past) in a situation where treatment were not immediately available
He’s a beautiful cat. Wonder what his back story is.

I hear what you’re saying here. I will rescue a cat as much as the next person, but I would hate if it were injured, etc. Calyx cost me $500+ when he 1st appeared in our yard. He had an abscessed paw that probably would have killed him eventually if I hadn’t gotten him treatment.

Again, kudos for helping an innocent animal in these troubled times. Most people would have looked away.

Yeah, there's a perverse incentive, where it can be a relief not to catch them as much as it is to succeed, especially now. I feel so fortunate it went down the way it did, it could not have gone any better.

Early contenders for the name are apparently Apricot and Omelette. They think it's a girl.

Aha, I'm sensing a definite theme with those names so ..... I'll modify the suggestion of Squish to Squash

Early contenders for the name are apparently Apricot and Omelette. They think it's a girl.
Could be. 90% of gingers are male, but my orange stray was female. If there’s no nuts, it’s female or a castrated male. Which doesn’t really help.

Interesting fact: all gingers are stripey because the gene for orange cats is the same as the one for stripey cats.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Yeah, there's a perverse incentive, where it can be a relief not to catch them as much as it is to succeed, especially now. I feel so fortunate it went down the way it did, it could not have gone any better.

I like the name Apricot for that cat.

I like the name Squash for that cat.

I totally agree with Gbg

I've got it ...... she should be called ....... APRICAT.
/namediscussion

How about Corona? It means “crown” & it would be a fitting name for a little prince or princess.

Or, maybe not.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'll just say yes because it seems easier.
I cannot express how weirdly happy this reply made me. I think the cat deserves a Star Wars superimposition à la your tie-fighting ski-speeder turtle.
*ponders ideas*

How about Corona? It means “crown” & it would be a fitting name for a little prince or princess.

Or, maybe not.

Maybe a play on the name.

Rona.
Ronnie.
Covie.

If the name needs to be Corona related how 'bout Wedgie

(we all know it's going to be Apricat really though)