~ Greetings from a Frenchie ~

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
OK, OK, some good stuff here.

Interstellar - Only saw it once on first release, but I seem to remember enjoying it.
Contact - Watched it for Carl and loved it for Jodie (and for not being an overall stupid movie), but, like dani8 mentioned, it would have been better if the ending were, um, good.
Mars Attacks - Who said The '80s had the only fun cheese?
The Sixth Sense - By far M. Night's best (and almost only good) movie. Ingenious!

I'm more into horror than sci-fi myself, but one recent sci-fi that really impressed me was Gravity (and not just for Sandra Bullock in her underwear in 3-D!). Hell, I'm thrilled to see any movie that doesn't have sound in outer space. Did you see that one?
Such a great post, BoP. Yes to all of that, especially the lack of sound in outer space. Absolutely exquisite. And despite being a hetero female and Sandra being airbrushed (dayum I wish I had not been told that because she really did look pretty amazing, but she does anyway) I bloody loved Gravity. Saw it in 3D and almost cried at the scene with the tears coming out to hit you in the face. I reached out to touch them.

It was also the first movie I ever remember seeing that bothered to show someone acutely feeling their own weight after being in zero gravity for any length of time.

I once had a client at work tell me the moon was hollow. He said they heard a ringing that indicated it was hollow. I just looked at him and said, "The moon has no atmosphere, so how did they hear it ringing." He was so stumped because he'd clearly never thought of it.

I also face palmed when that Star Destroyer took a nose dive after the bridge got taken out in Empire.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You're ignorant and xenophobic of French art cinema! :P
Everyone knows Vivre sa Vie is the best French movie ever.
TOP 10.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

thought see you before here, welcome

You're ignorant and xenophobic of French art cinema! :P
Everyone knows Vivre sa Vie is the best French movie ever.
TOP 10.
not everyone knows that taxi 4 is the greatest movie of our time

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I haven't watched all Besson's movies. But sure I've had fun with The Fifth Element I hesitated to go watch Valerian but the trailer was so full of computer-generated imagery: I had an overdose just with that.
So You should watch Leon, deffinitely
The fifth element is my second fav movie of Besson
I haven't seen Valerian yet, becaouse there was no opportunity and last Bessons movies weren't too good.

To be fair, there are great wines other than in France as well
To be fair, I agree I have been once in France and wines didn't impress me. I prefer white wines and in France are or rather were (when I were in Paris) mainly red.

I haven't drunk Zubrowka for ages. We store the full bottle in the freezer so that it partially freezes inside. The remaining liquid becomes liquorous then, delicious.
Mhm, ineteresting recipe. I haven't drink Żubrówka that way, but it's nothing surprising since I don't like vodka too much

Cheers!

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
So You should watch Leon, deffinitely
The fifth element is my second fav movie of Besson
I haven't seen Valerian yet, becaouse there was no opportunity and last Bessons movies weren't too good.

To be fair, I agree I have been once in France and wines didn't impress me. I prefer white wines and in France are or rather were (when I were in Paris) mainly red.

Mhm, ineteresting recipe. I haven't drink Żubrówka that way, but it's nothing surprising since I don't like vodka too much

Cheers!
Bonjour!

Yes, to us in France, there are 3 types of wine we can't skip: red, white and rosé.

There seems to exist blue wine, hmmm?

Zubrowka has got a special status in my opinion. It doesn't taste bad like vodkas that are just flavored chemical alcohol, which planned purpose is just to quickly get us drunk then puke.

I see more Zubrowka as a nectar - but I guess I'm not being quite objective here

I like Gin, Cognac: strong but naturally flavored, sort of "nectars".

Last night I dreamed about this beer. It's a delicious pale ale with a hint of grapefruit.

I just realised they have more and the gluten free pale ale was not the grapefruit one. It's this IPA:

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Bonjour!

Yes, to us in France, there are 3 types of wine we can't skip: red, white and rosé.

There seems to exist blue wine, hmmm?

Zubrowka has got a special status in my opinion. It doesn't taste bad like vodkas that are just flavored chemical alcohol, which planned purpose is just to quickly get us drunk then puke.

I see more Zubrowka as a nectar - but I guess I'm not being quite objective here

I like Gin, Cognac: strong but naturally flavored, sort of "nectars".
I've never heard about blue wine. Sounds tasty