Best child actor ever

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
How could I forget Sunny Pawar

movies can be okay...
All of the children from Michael Haneke's "The White Ribbon" :

"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

You can't win an argument just by being right!
How could I forget the kids in Mrs doubtfire, or Jackson's kids in LotR.

Bill Mumy for me.
Yes, I am a massive fan of the original Lost In Space but I also enjoyed his performances in Bewitched, I dream of Jeannie and The Twilight zone. One of a kind.
He's still about too and makes some pretty cool music.

The two girls from Momma really impressed me. Those were some tough physical roles to play first off and how does a six year old pull off such a great job of acting like her mother is an evil spectre that loves you, so well! Kid also pulled off the 'creepy little kid' thing as good as any Ive seen, what with acting half feral and sleeping under the bed and eating moths and what not. *shivers*

Blanca Engström did an astounding job in The Girl where she is the close up focus of the cameras for the bulk of the movie, isolated and alone and so good at expressing subtle emotions through contemplative looks and was able to pull off scenes where there is no dialogue for minutes at a time.

Charlotte Gainsbourg was good in L'Effrontée and great in The Little Thief. She absolutely took on some seriously challenging roles as a child and continues to as an adult.

But Victoire Thivisol's performance in Ponnette is far and away THE most amazing child performance Ive ever seen. Especially considering she was FOUR when she played the part of a young child trying to deal with the loss of her mother after a car accident. Only the French would allow a 4 year old to be the white hot focus of a movie that explores existentialism and grief and faith and have it actually work well. And the levels of subtle emotion from her. Astounding. There is a scene in this movie that was about as powerful and heart wrenching as any one scene Ive ever watched in my life and it was largely because of this 4 year old child.

In fact she was SO impressive and SO young that it actually undermines the movie a little because you find yourself wondering how the hell they got this kind of performance out of a 4 year old. Did the director threaten her puppy or something to get her to cry on cue? To show certain emotions? Of course not but you are dumbfounded watching this TINY child doing the things you are seeing. Its like a parlor trick almost and its a mild distraction from the movie itself. My guess is the french arent as distracted by that kind of thing though. They start smoking at 9 there right? C'est la vie...