What's your unpopular movie opinion?

Tools    

The most loathsome of all goblins
John Ford is an average filmmaker, and the majority of his work doesn't hold up, especially compared to his contemporaries.
I really enjoy his early work in the 30s, movies like The Hurricane, The Lost Patrol, Stagecoach, Drums Along the Mohawk are all great I think. However, his later stuff (which are his most acclaimed and well-known films) do little for me.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
TV is becoming better than movies.

Look at how immense character development has been over 6 seasons of Game of Thrones, all fans are totally invested far more than we would be over virtually any movie character that we get to know over 2 hours.

Some TV series are starting to feature movie stars too, look at True Detective, imo as good as any detective movie we've ever seen, superbly acted and written and there's about 8 hours of it.

I think cinema is starting to die out, or has been for a while, the big movies do OK but even the Superhero/comic book trend over the last 15+ years is starting to tire.

I don't think it will be long before we can buy movies at home that have been either released or have just ended their cinema run.

The most loathsome of all goblins
TV is becoming better than movies.
I hear a lot of people say that TV is already better than movies, at least Hollywood movies. Not an uncommon opinion I think.

Personally I believe both are pretty stagnant at this point, and I never cared an ounce for Game of Thrones or most of the TV shows people have been creaming their jeans over in the last decade. HBO peaked during the era of The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire and Rome, and no series they've made since comes close to any of them.

This might just do nobody any good.
TV is, IMO, picking up where Hollywood left in the 70s.

With the air of unrest and cynicism from that decade seemingly making a return, now's as good a time as any to start paying attention the medium.

That Napoleon Dynamite is a work of such unparalleled genius that it is on a level where the average mind is absolutely unable to realize it, and is so funny that it is on a plane beyond the usual understanding of comedy to the point where the typical viewer cannot even see the humor in it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I tried watching "Die Hard" last night, and after 20-30 minutes, I couldn't keep my eyes open and went to bed at 10:30, much earlier than usual.

That Napoleon Dynamite is a work of such unparalleled genius that it is on a level where the average mind is absolutely unable to realize it, and is so funny that it is on a plane beyond the usual understanding of comedy to the point where the typical viewer cannot even see the humor in it.

You mean the part where he is drinking milk and they get that close up of his teeth and you hear his open mouth breathing, after he takes a sip?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Lol Joel. That movie Is hilarious

movies can be okay...
Room (2015) is badly acted, nonsensical, and too ****ing stupid.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

You're saying that's a popular opinion?
No, I meant that I couldn't see any reason for why you suddenly threw that in. I may not have read enough of the thread.

Brits are very funny. Americans are too.

You mean the part where he is drinking milk and they get that close up of his teeth and you hear his open mouth breathing, after he takes a sip?
Actually, I mean the part in the very beginning when he throws the action-figure tied to a string out the bus window... but yeah!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Actually, I mean the part in the very beginning when he throws the action-figure tied to a string out the bus window... but yeah!

That was hilarious. I like when he threw the sandwich to the llama. And what was the scene with the kids being shocked as the bus drove by?