Movies You Thought You'd Love, But Don't?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I wanted to love Silver Linings Playbook but all the characters made me feel homicidal.
LOL.. I only saw that because it was on the a 24-hour plane ride.. I guess it's not bad when you're half-dazed, lol.

The Assassination Of Richard Nixon. The Truman Show, American Pie, There's Something About Mary. Quite a few but those fly off the top of my head.

This might just do nobody any good.
I wanted to love Silver Linings Playbook but all the characters made me feel homicidal.
LOL.. I only saw that because it was on the a 24-hour plane ride.. I guess it's not bad when you're half-dazed, lol.
I think I could say the same for most David O. Russell films.

American Hustle in particular. Great performances that elevate the film in the first viewing but there's a shallowness there that sinks it later.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Tried this again last night and no matter how many times I try I cant last longer than 15 minutes. My husband doesnt mind it but much prefered LotR.

anything but Zombies & vampires
Been a touch dissapointed with Guardian of the Galaxies 2, loved the 1st one but found the 2nd a bit meh

I think a movie that really disapponted me is Fight Club, I found it so boring!

Me 2, until I gave it a second chance to realize its brilliance.

I have never been able to watch Casablanca or Citizen Kane. People rave about these two movies, but the little I've seen of them leaves me stone cold.

I couldn't take ten minutes of Gone With the Wind.

Citizen Kane. All my life I'm ridiculed for not seeing it. Then I get past the neat opening and find myself literally sweating from boredome. I did not love Citizen Kane, but I thought I would. Or should I say, I thought I had to.

Silver Linings Playbook is the only David O. Russell film i really like and i'm not sure why.
Do you think it's maybe because he's based his career ripping off Scorsese, Wes Anderson and whoever else is hot with him that year? I think he is a bit of a hack with some smart marketing sense and just enough douchery to elicit performances, or at least stay out the way of the actors enough to let it spill out..but the word derivative comes to mind. I have yet to see SLP but I will eventually just so I can say I like one of his films, providing I don;t gouge my eyes out before it's over.

This is only a joke post, so don't get all uptight
Blade Runner owns this thread. lol
You didn't understand it.

"Lawrence of Arabia"

I have never been able to watch Casablanca or Citizen Kane. People rave about these two movies, but the little I've seen of them leaves me stone cold.
You didn't understand them.

Citizen Kane. All my life I'm ridiculed for not seeing it. Then I get past the neat opening and find myself literally sweating from boredome. I did not love Citizen Kane, but I thought I would. Or should I say, I thought I had to.

Definitely the only movie of its age that I can watch, but I love it. Seen it many times.

I have yet to see SLP but I will eventually just so I can say I like one of his films, providing I don;t gouge my eyes out before it's over.
Bailed out at first viewing. Tried it again & really loved it.

"Lawrence of Arabia"
Worse than torture.

This is only a joke post, so don't get all uptight You didn't understand it.

Can you comment on mine, CR? I cant watch No Country For Old Men despite loving the Coen Brothers. Can't get beyond the strangling scene. I don't know why.

Can you comment on mine, CR?
Sure
I cant watch No Country For Old Men despite loving the Coen Brothers. Can't get beyond the strangling scene. I don't know why.
You don't understand it

Sure
You don't understand it
LMAO. I cannot deny. Props for your answer.

I wanted to love it but I think I was in the wrong mood.

LMAO. I cannot deny. Props for your answer.

I wanted to love it but I think I was in the wrong mood.
I was just in a funny mood tonight. Seriously no I've never seen No Country For Old Men. I'll have to watch it one of these days, I'm not real big on the Coen Brothers though.

Catch ya latter! dinner time.

This is only a joke post, so don't get all uptight You didn't understand it.

I shoulda considered your handle, Citizen. I also wasn't taking the Pee outta ya. Honestly, a movie like Citizen Kane I could probably eventually take in. I think it's a matter of circumstance. Do I have tea? Is the weather right and is the window open? Wat time is it? Do I have some bisquits nearby? Am I focused?

Usually, I am a poor excuse for a human who just wants a movie like a blankie to cover me so I can get some sleep. Or some mindless fun. But if and when I try CK again, I'll let you know.