Favorite Amateurs?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Katherine Cassavetes

She's great in all her son's movies, and definitely the funniest woman I ever saw in a movie.

I love the cast of "The Battle of Algiers" -- they were revolutionaries, so I'm guessing the sincerity is enough. But as Pontecorvo said (about finding Ali) -- "It's the face".

By amateur, do you mean someone who is not a director/actor but made a movie or two?

If so, maybe Björk for me. She was amazing in Dancer in the Dark.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Amateurs? There is that cam girl...
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
By amateur, do you mean someone who is not a director/actor but made a movie or two?

If so, maybe Björk for me. She was amazing in Dancer in the Dark.
Or even more than a few movies, like the ones mentioned earlier...

1: Gregor Mendel

2: Thomas Edison

3: Robert Evans

4: Henrietta Swan Leavitt

One of my favourite amateurs was in a 2009 Doctor Who fan film, Fire and Ice. Obviously a big bloke, Jonathan Davis was cast to play an Ice Warrior (a Martian ) and this is what impressed me about him:

As Jonathan Davis describes in the behind-the-scenes video Is There Life on Mars? his portrayal of the Warriors was instinctive. To have come up with a signature movement of the creatures – the “turtle-like” retraction of the head – from a hint in the script, and with no prior knowledge, is fantastic.
It was also his obvious enthusiasm about a particular scene where:

WARNING: spoilers below
the Warrior grabs the Doctor by the throat and lifts him up, which as Davis said "Showed just how badass" it was .

Katherine Cassavetes

She's great in all her son's movies, and definitely the funniest woman I ever saw in a movie.

I love the cast of "The Battle of Algiers" -- they were revolutionaries, so I'm guessing the sincerity is enough. But as Pontecorvo said (about finding Ali) -- "It's the face".
LOVED her in A Woman Under the Influence

Besedka Johnson didn't star acting until she was 85. Great in Sean Baker's Starlet. He must have an eye for amateur talent because the leads in Tangerine were just random people he met researching for the story.

Movie Forums Extra
Maybe someone can list more