Name the Horror Movie Quiz

Tools    

Bringing some sanity back until post resumes.

Three friends encounter pure evil when they drive to a famous but very remote ancient landmark.
Any idea of mine? Simple..

Nein. Wrong country even Poison. Remote landmark.

Were you not going to call me Mr Mania or spookie?

You could not have seen this film. The evil is a serial killer. Actually I broke my own rules about posting slasher films.

Sorry, Spookie. I generally don't have the addressing-by-name habit in face-to-face conversation, either.

Hmmm . . . to me, your use of "nein" implies a remote landmark in a German-speaking country, which puts me back at Square Zero . . . but then "serial killer" gives me more hope, as a slasher-movie fan . . . in view of which it's easy to think of "Wolf Creek", but only if you, sitting in Australia, are describing an Aussie landmark as "remote" either for my cross-cultural benefit (like my converting American measurements to metric in posts on this site), or as a red herring (much as the German reference would be in that case) . . . hmmm.

Anyway, Mr. Mania, that's my best, i.e., only guess for the moment. ("Wolf Creek")

Still not ringing any bells? Set and filmed in the great expanses of Western Australia. The landmark is a giant metorite crater.
If it's "Wolf Creek", I wouldn't have remembered the crater.

Wolf Creek it is. Nein reference meant nothing. Sorry to throw you. Yes the crater is the second largest in the world. Actually titled Wolfe Creek it is in a remote part of WA. Several hours drive from civilization. (Google it fascinating)

The names are my way of bonding with my fellow keyboard warriors on the other side of the world.

Wolf Creek it is. Nein reference meant nothing. Sorry to throw you. Yes the crater is the second largest in the world. Actually titled Wolfe Creek it is in a remote part of WA. Several hours drive from civilization.
Once you said "serial killer" (), the "nein" was no longer an issue. The remoteness was more of a (false) red herring for me (could easily have discounted the possibility of domestic remoteness). Well done!

Getting late. Will have to turn in now. Good morning.

No post since yesterday.

A young man walks into a university library and steals a rare book.

I misled you a bit sorry. The 2009 version has a different opening (my synopsis) to the 1970 version.

Weren't we just talking about "The Dunwich Horror" elsewhere? (I don't know; I've reread the story more recently than I've seen the movie.)
The Dunwich Horror it was. Easy for you after the other quiz. Have you seen the 2009 version? I struggled with it.

The Dunwich Horror it was. Easy for you after the other quiz. Have you seen the 2009 version? I struggled with it.
I haven't seen the 2009 (I tend to be pretty narrow-minded about remakes), and to be honest I really don't remember the 1970 very well either, except that it didn't begin to do the story justice. I'm not sure how any filmmaker could. Probably Lovecraft's scariest story, and that's saying a lot.

For the sake of variety, not to mention laziness, I'll start with some theme song lyrics:

Sanguis bibimus
Corpus edimus
Tolle corpus Satani, ave

Ave, ave Versus Christus
Ave, ave Versus Christus
Ave, ave Versus Christus
Ave Satani!

Sanguis bibimus
Corpus edimus
Tolle corpus Satani, Satani, Satani

Ave, ave, Satani