Name the Actor/Actress Quiz

Tools    

Worked with William Shatner and sci fi tells me it is Star Trek. Other than Shatner himself do not know of any Canadians on those films. Never a real Star Trek fan. You will have to reveal.

Meanwhile I will post something Trekkies should know. Who did George Takai beat for the Star Trek role. A Chinese/American character actor has worked mostly on tv.

Okay, ha ha. It was...

Michael Ironside. Sci-fi 80s TV show was V (which Lane Smith was in), films mentioned were Scanners and Total Recall. He played Lois Lane's dad in Smallville, and co-starred opposite William Shatner in the early 80s slasher thriller Visiting Hours.

Well, Spencer Tracy actually won in the year 1939 for the 1938 movie Boy's Town but Robert Donat, the British actor, won in 1940 for the 1939 movie Goodbye, Mr. Chips. Was it Donat you were referring to?

Thank you! I wasn't trying to smart-aleck about it, I was trying to make sure I had the right answer.

If I have the next one, I'll ask:

What actor in the 1930's received an Oscar for Best Actor only to find that his name was etched incorrectly and named after a popular comic strip character?

Okay...he carried on a poorly-hidden affair with an Academy Award winning actress for decades, despite being married and never divorcing his wife, even up till the time of his death in the 60's.

I misunderstood what you typed. Notioned you meant he was wrongly awarded the Oscar. That is why I wrote about a rotten break.

Ok. I will keep the oldie theme going. Early Hollywood swashbuckler. I will accept two answers.

No, spookie, I said they wrongly "etched" his name, which means they carved his name incorrectly into the base of the statue. He did indeed win it, but it said "Dick" instead of "Spencer" and according to the Internet Movie Data Base, they didn't correct the mistake. But he got to keep the Oscar. Sorry for the confusion!

My bad. I misread what you typed. Expect the etcher was out of a job after that.

Gonna have a guess as my swashbuckler. There was not all that many. It is not Errol Flynn.