Name the Actor/Actress Quiz

Tools    

I have always been a movie fan. My preference is for the older era-- say from the 50s to the 90s. So I am hoping this new quizz will appeal to like minded Mo/Fo members.
Easy to play and lots of fun.
Write a short bio of an actor or actress. The object is to guess the person from the clues offered. After each incorrect reply more clues are added until the correct answer is given. Then the winner can either post a question or call Open Floor which allows another member to post. I have run similar quizzes on other forums and they have always been popular. So I will leave you to make up your own minds what you think. So who is going to post first?

This gravelly-voiced American character actor started a long and flourishing career on the New York stage playing Shakespeare .

Thanks you GIdeon58 for kicking off the quiz. You are close with Jimmy. Yes he was in Anatomy but who was his co star? That is the person I want.

Clue. Has chased ghosts in a haunted house, been an overzealous American Air Force general in a comedy cult film. Has even played Fagin in Oliver Twist and Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
George C. Scott?

Correct. Thank you for playing friend. As you are the winner. Your have the Floor. So why not post a question.

Or would it be Greta Garbo?

Welcome to the quiz..glad you are enjoying it. We are evidently in different time zones which can be a bit of a bummer.

That is a good question. We remember the Oscar winners but tend to forget those nominated. Not the great Bette as she won it twice. Should have won more as she was nominated a whopping 11 times. What a legend in every sense of the word. I was going to say her Baby Jane co star Joan Crawford but she got one for Mildred Pierce. Nobody has mentioned Greer Garson. So I will go with her.