Your top 10 movies of 2016?

Tools    

I, Daniel Blake is my second favourite from 2016 so far and Dave Johns gave my favourite male performance. I quite liked Julieta too, not as much as the other Almodovars i've seen though. Hope you enjoy them!

This might just do nobody any good.
I really am starting to wonder, am I the only one who's seen Silence?
I saw it.

My Top 10 as of right now:

1) Silence
2) O.J.: Made in America
3) The Witch
4) Hail, Caesar!
5) Hell or High Water
6) Star Wars: Rogue One
7) Sing Street
8) A Bigger Splash
9) Zootopia
10) La La Land

My updated list.

1. Hacksaw Ridge
2. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
3. Hell or High Water
4. Hunt for the Wilderpeople
5. The Nice Guys
6. Manchester By The Sea
7. Imperium
8. Zootopia
9. Deadpool
10. Train to Busan

Honorable Mention: Star Trek Beyond, Patriots Day, Captain America Civil War, Doctor Strange, Snowden, Fantastic Beats & Where to Find Them, Green Room

Movies I have yet to see but plan on seeing so my list may change
Silence
10 Cloverfield Lane
Arrival
Swiss Army Man
Don't Breathe
Deepwater Horizon

Nope. Silence was my second favorite of 2016.

But yeah, it's not surprising if not a lot of people saw it. It didn't stay in theaters long, it was a really big box office disappointment, sadly.

I still have a small handful to catch up with, but here's my first crack at it....

1. La La Land
2. Manchester by the Sea
3. Silence
4. Loving
5. The Lobster
6. Paterson
7. Hell or High Water
8. Jackie
9. Hunt for the Wilderpeople
10. Sing Street
11. Moonlight
12. Midnight Special
13. Green Room
14. Arrival
15. Zootopia
16. Captain Fantastic
17. Louder Than Bombs
18. Love & Friendship
19. 20th Century Women
20. Christine
21. Hidden Figures
22. Demolition
23. Hacksaw Ridge
24. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
25. Sully

Honorable Mentions (alphabetically): The Brand New Testament, Deadpool, Don’t Think Twice, The Eagle Huntress, Edge of Seventeen, Fences, Elvis & Nixon, The Founder, The Jungle Book, Knight of Cups, Lion, Moana, A Monster Calls, Morris from America, The Music of Strangers, The Nice Guys, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

What I Still Need/Want To See: I, Daniel Blake, Gimme Danger, Weiner-Dog, Neruda, Tower, De Palma, Julieta, and Life, Animated

What All Else I Have Seen: 10 Cloverfield Lane, The Accountant, Allied, American Honey, Anthropoid, Bad Moms, Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Beatles: Eight Days a Week, A Bigger Splash, Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, The Birth of a Nation, Born to Be Blue, The Brothers Grimsby, Café Society, Captain America: Civil War, Certain Women, Criminal, Denial, Doctor Strange, Eddie the Eagle, Elle, Embrace of the Serpent, Everybody Wants Some!!, Eye in the Sky, The Family Fang, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Finding Dory, The Finest Hours, Florence Foster Jenkins, Frank & Lola, Ghostbusters, The Girl on the Train, Hail Caesar!, Hello My Name is Doris, A Hologram for the King, I Saw the Light, The Inflitrator, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, Jane Got a Gun, Jason Bourne, Keanu, Kubo and the Two Strings, Live by Night, Maggie’s Plan, The Magnificent Seven, Me Before You, The Meddler, Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life, Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates, Miles Ahead, Miss Sloane, Money Monster, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising, The Neon Demon, Nerve, Nocturnal Animals, Now You See Me 2, Our Kind of Traitor, Passengers, Popstar: Never Stop Stopping, Rules Don’t Apply, Sausage Party, The Shallows, Southside with You, Star Trek Beyond, Suicide Squad, Swiss Army Man, Things to Come, Toni Erdmann, Triple 9, Weiner, The Witch, Zoolander 2

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	lalapainting.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	28771  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Still a lot to see, but as of now:

1. Arrival
2. The Neon Demon
3. The Handmaiden
4. Paterson
5. Snowden
6. 20th Century Women
7. Manchester by the Sea
8. Nocturnal Animals
9. American Honey
10. Sing Street

Fantastic Beats & Where to Find Them
Definitely need to give this one a watch. Will probably do wonders for my music collection. My top 10:

1. Swiss Army Man
2. La La Land
3. Imperium
4. Hell or High Water
5. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
6. The Jungle Book
7. Deadpool
8. Allied
9. Fences
10. Silence

Welcome to the human race...
I still can't remember but read it as "beats" most of the time anyway. It sounds like the title of a lost A Tribe Called Quest album.

I still can't remember but read it as "beats" most of the time anyway. It sounds like the title of a lost A Tribe Called Quest album.
Would you like to know what I - and, I would presume, all other deviants - read it as the first time?

Here is my list. Though take it with a grain of salt since I a criminally behind on the Oscar season flicks and I have not seen Moana yet.

1. Silence
2. Deadpool
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Zootopia
5. Yoga Hosers
6. 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
7. La La Land
8. Magnificent Seven
9. Hail Caesar!
10. Rogue One

Must be doin sumthin right
Still several I want to see but I'm probably done playing catch up for a while

1. Manchester by the Sea
  2. Toni Erdmann
  3. The Handmaiden
  4. Paterson
  5. The Love Witch
  6. The Witch
  7. The Lobster
  8. La La Land
  9. Sunset Song
  10. Certain Women

1. Green Room (2015)
2. Arrival
3. Everybody Wants Some!!
4. The Nice Guys
5. Moonlight
6. The Neon Demon
7. Triple 9
8. The Magnificent Seven (2016)
9. Captain America: Civil War
10. Zootopia

01.American Honey (Andrea Arnold)
02.I, Daniel Blake (Ken Loach)
03.Everybody Wants Some (Richard Linklater)
04.Manchester By The Sea (Kenneth Lonergan)
05.Certain Women (Kelly Reichardt)
06.Krisha (Trey Edward Schults)
07.The Witch (Robert Eggers)
08.13TH (Ava DuVernay)
09.Your Name (Makoto Shinkai)
10.Moonlight (Barry Jenkins)

There's still plenty of stuff i want to see but i probably won't get to any of it for a while.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I haven't watched a whole bunch of them this year. But of those I did:

1 - The Witch
2 - Captain America Civil War
3- Dr Strange
4 - Deadpool
5 - Hateful Eight
6 - Arrival

So far:

1. Zootopia
2. The death of Louis XIV
3. Arrival
4. The red turtle
5. La La Land
6. The girl without hands
7. Captain America: Civil War
8. Hell or high water
9. Wiener-Dog
10. One Piece Film: Gold

So far:

1. Zootopia
2. The death of Louis XIV
3. Arrival
4. The red turtle
5. La La Land
6. The girl without hands
7. Captain America: Civil War
8. Hell or high water
9. Wiener-Dog
10. One Piece Film: Gold
You are the second person who has mentioned Wiener-Dog recently. I hadn't heard of it until a few days ago when SC told me my girl Dawn is in it. Got to see it soon.

Greta Gerwig stars in two tonally similar movies as leading actress in "Maggie's Plan" and as supporting actress in "Wiener-Dog' (there are no leading actors in "Wiener-Dog"). Pretty cool stuff.