4. The Neon Demon
5. Triple 9
6. The Magnificent Seven
7. Captain America: Civil War
8. Zootopia
9. 10 Cloverfield Lane
10. The Witch (2015)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Witch* - It was released this year in the U.S. and everywhere else after playing last year on the festival circuit.

I've only seen Zootopia, Deadpool, Finding Dory, The Nice Guys, Ghostbusters and The Secret Life of Pets and I have plans to see Moana this weekend.

I'd rank them like this:

Zootopia
The Secret Life of Pets
The Nice Guys
Finding Dory
Deadpool (it's okay)
Ghostbusters (hated it)

This might just do nobody any good.
As of right now:

1) The Witch
2) The Nice Guys
3) Don't Breathe
4) Arrival
5) Captain America: Civil War
6) High-Rise
7) 10 Cloverfield Lane
8) Hell or High Water
9) The Neon Demon
10) The Lobster

Missed: Hail, Caesar! and Midnight Special

Need: Silence, The Handmaid, Jackie, Moonlight, La La Land, Rogue One

There's plenty of these threads and Godfather you seem to regularly make threads that have already been made even though it has been pointed out to you more than once. A 2 second search for 2016 would turn up:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...highlight=2016

Anyway all 18 i've seen ranked:

The Films i've seen ranked:

01.American Honey - Andrea Arnold
02.Everybody Wants Some - Richard Linklater
03.Certain Women - Kelly Reichardt
04.Krisha - Trey Edward Shults
05.The Witch - Robert Eggers
06.13TH - Ana DuVernay
07.Sing Street - John Carney
08.Elle - Paul Verhoeven
09.The Eyes of My Mother - Nicholas Pesce
10.Zero Days - Alex Gibney
11.Loving - Jeff Nichols
12.Swiss Army Man - Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert
13.Hunt For The Wilderpeople - Taika Waititi
14.Julieta - Pedro Almodovar
15.The Nice Guys - Shane Black
16.Zootopia - Disney
17.Midnight Special - Jeff Nichols
18.Green Room - Jeremy Saulnier
19.Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Gareth Edwards
20.Finding Dory - Pixar
21.10 Cloverfield Lane - Dan Trachtenberg
22.Captain Fantastic - Matt Ross

1- The Conjuring 2

2- Don't Breathe

3- The Shallows
-
4- Ouija: Origin Of Evil
-
5- Before I Wake
+
6- War Dogs

7- 10 Cloverfield Lane

8-Captain America: Civil War

9- Lights Out

10- Deadpool
-

I think 2016 was a good year for Hollywood. There would be so many movies i liked even 2017 is going to give so many Incredible movies. Marvel and Dc will release more than 6 super hero movies in next year. These are the list of movies i liked in 2016.

Captain America Civil War
Kung Fu Panda 3
Suicide Squad
Arrival
The Jungle Book
Inferno
X-Men: Apocalypse
Don't Breathe
Zootopia
Deadpool

1.) Moonlight
2.) Manchester-By-The-Sea
3.) La La Land
4.) The Lobster
5.) Homo Sapiens
6.) Shin Godzilla
7.) Cemetery of Splendour
8.) Jackie
9.) Silence
10.) Thunder Road

Honorable mention:
Weiner, O.J.: Made in America, Voyage of Time: The IMAX Experience, Do Not Resist, 20th Century Women, Krisha, Under the Shadow, Green Room, Love & Friendship, Don't Think Twice, Everything Will Be Okay, 13th, Arrival, Dheepan, In Transit, The Fits, Cameraperson, Hail, Caesar!, Snowden, Lo and Behold: Revelries of the Connected World, Midnight Special, The Witch, Swiss Army Man, Certain Women, The White Helmets, Tower, Zero Days, Cafe Society, Loving, The Trust, Demolition, Requiem for the American Dream, Orange Sunshine, The Invitation, Hunter Gatherer

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I hate the middle of December, because I always want to make my list as soon as possible, but then there is always some film that comes out of nowhere and messes everything up for my list.

Still another five or six weeks of viewing to catch up on, as too many potentially good titles won't be released until January. Still have to see Silence, Paterson, 20th Century Women, Lion, Hidden Figures, Fences, The Founder, A Monster Calls, Live by Night, I Daniel Blake, and then hope I can track down some of the foreign language titles I need to see like Things to Come, The Salesman, Toni Erdmann, and Julieta. But I intend to see at least those before I start to compile my list.

But so far, in no particular order, I liked La la Land, Manchester by the Sea, Loving, Sing Street, Captain Fantastic, Green Room, Moonlight, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Hell or High Water, Midnight Special, Jackie, Louder Than Bombs, Demolition, Sully, Christine, Rogue One, and Arrival. Plus The Lobster, depending on whether it is considered a 2015 or 2016 release?

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
1) Captain America: Civil War
2) The Handmaiden
3) The Monkey King 2
4) Doctor Strange
5) Call of Heroes
6) Assassination Classroom: Graduation
7) The Angry Birds Movie
8) The Jungle Book
9) The Mermaid
10) Deadpool

Still another five or six weeks of viewing to catch up on, as too many potentially good titles won't be released until January. Still have to see Silence, Paterson, 20th Century Women, Lion, Hidden Figures, Fences, The Founder, A Monster Calls, Live by Night, I Daniel Blake, and then hope I can track down some of the foreign language titles I need to see like Things to Come, The Salesman, Toni Erdmann, and Julieta. But I intend to see at least those before I start to compile my list.

But so far, in no particular order, I liked La la Land, Manchester by the Sea, Loving, Sing Street, Captain Fantastic, Green Room, Moonlight, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Hell or High Water, Midnight Special, Jackie, Louder Than Bombs, Demolition, Sully, Christine, Rogue One, and Arrival....
Holden that was a very helpful post! I've been going through the various top 2016 movie threads here, and finding a lot of great 2016 movies to watch, most I never heard of. I checked out all the movies you just listed and some were already on my to watch list, but I just added this gems:
Silence
20th Century Women
Lion
Hidden Figures
The Founder
Live by Night
I Daniel Blake
Christine

I'm very excited about the subject matter of some those, especially 20th Century Women, Chirstine and The Founder. But they all sound pretty interesting.

OK peeps, keep posting your fav 2016 movies and maybe I will watch them

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
So far I appear to have seen 34 films from 2016 which I've listed in a rough kind of order in terms of my personal favourites, though I've left out two films. Doctor Strange I think I really liked but I saw it in 3D and I think that hurt my enjoyment of it. I imagine it will be at least in the top 5 but want to wait until I've seen it in 2D to be sure. I've also seen Swiss Army Man. At the moment I'd have it around about 20th place but it's one I definitely want to watch again before commiting to. Some of it I thought was garbage, some of it I thought was beautiful and a whole lot of it I had no idea what to think

There are also a bunch I'd still like to see that I've ever missed or which haven't arrived in the UK yet - Arrival, La La Land, Hell or High Water, Sully etc

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. The Nice Guys ***
3. Hunt for the Wilderpeople
4. Kubo and the Two Strings
5. Zootopia
6. Moana
7. Jungle Book
8. Hello, My Name is Doris
9. Tickled
10. Secret Life of Pets
11. Deadpool
12. Kung Fu Panda 3
13. Eddie the Eagle
14. Hail Caesar
15. For the Love of Spock
16. Central Intelligence
17. Green Room
18. Finding Dory
19. Midnight Special
20. Ghostbusters
21. Independence Day: Resurgence
22. Hologram for the King
23. Popstar - Never Stop Never Believing
24. Pete's Dragon
25. Zoolander 2
26. Star Trek Beyond
27. X-Men Apocalypse
28. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
29. Skiptrace
30. Bridget Jones' Baby
31. Legend of Tarzan
32. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

*** = The first time I saw The Nice Guys I loved it. I then rewatched it a few months later and while I still enjoyed it it was significantly less so, and as a result it would be several places lower. However I've decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and ranked it on the strength of its first viewing.

Welcome to the human race...
Plus The Lobster, depending on whether it is considered a 2015 or 2016 release?
I figure if you're counting Green Room then The Lobster should be acceptable. Myself, I'm a bit confused because it already got its Australian release in late 2015 so I counted it on my 2015 end-of-year list when nobody else did but now people are calling it a 2016 movie so I'm still not sure what I want to do about it.

See also Victoria and Tale of Tales, which I am also not sure about counting as 2016 movies (though neither stand much chance of cracking my top 10 anyway).