Your Most Awaited Movies of 2017

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I hadn't heard of that before today. Looks interesting.

I hadn't heard of that before today. Looks interesting.
Hoooh, Man. The praise for this film is off the friggin charts. The film is being acclaimed as one of the greatest Romance Films ever made, and It's being praised as a
"Queer Masterpiece." 'It seduces you then breaks your heart' is the thing everyone seems to say about it.

I need to check the trailer.

I need to check the trailer.
No Trailer yet, just 2 clips. SPC are keeping this one very close to them and they'll probably release the official trailer over the Summer considering the Film's setting. I heard they were originally planning to actually release it over the Summer, but decided to release it during November around Awards Season. (Considering It's probably an early frontrunner for Best Picture and all sorts of other accolades.)

No Trailer yet, just 2 clips. SPC are keeping this one very close to them and they'll probably release the official trailer over the Summer considering the Film's setting. I heard they were originally planning to actually release it over the Summer, but decided to release it during November around Awards Season. (Considering It's probably an early frontrunner for Best Picture and all sorts of other accolades.)
I just saw the one with the volleyball scene. If this isnt being released until november how does it already have an 8.4 star meter rating? It's why I never trusted those ratings over there. Still, it looks good although potentially quite creepy because the student looks like a kid.

This might just do nobody any good.
Heard wonderful things from Sean Baker's follow up to Tangerine (which if you haven't seen, you should), The Florida Project.

I just saw the one with the volleyball scene. If this isnt being released until november how does it already have an 8.4 star meter rating? It's why I never trusted those ratings over there. Still, it looks good although potentially quite creepy because the student looks like a kid.
It premiered at Sundance and Berlin Film Festival to receive absolutely ZERO Criticism, It's the highest rated film of 2017 at Metacritic and has 100% on RT. Although the Romance is set between a 17 Year Old and a 23 Year old, It's apparently so beautiful and genuine that It'll shut down any doubters concerning the age difference, (at least that's what's coming from the people who've seen it.)

Another Film I'm really hyped for this year is Sebastián Lelio's 'A Fantastic Woman.'
The Trailer for that Film is out for you to see

It premiered at Sundance and Berlin Film Festival to receive absolutely ZERO Criticism, It's the highest rated film of 2017 at Metacritic and has 100% on RT. Although the Romance is set between a 17 Year Old and a 23 Year old, It's apparently so beautiful and genuine that It'll shut down any doubters concerning the age difference, (at least that's what's coming from the people who've seen it.)

Another Film I'm really hyped for this year is Sebastián Lelio's 'A Fantastic Woman.'
The Trailer for that Film is out for you to see
Ah right. Thanks for clarifying both sundance and the age thing. The actor just looks younger to my eye. I thought he was about 15.

Heard wonderful things from Sean Baker's follow up to Tangerine (which if you haven't seen, you should), The Florida Project.

YES! Totally forgot about that one when replying to this thread.

But yeah, that's another I can't wait to see. I saw 'Tangerine' and It was pretty great, expecting way more from the FP though.

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2
RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER

Logan logan logan

movies can be okay...

"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Not much now. Kingsman 2 maybe (though I have a feeling it may end up being a disappointment like John Wick 2). I quite like the look of Happy Death Day and Better Watch Out, though whether I'll get to see them in Aus by the end of the year is anyone's guess.

“I was cured, all right!”
Updated list:

Blade Runner 2049 (USA)
Mother! (USA)
The Fortress (S. Korea)
Outrage Coda (Japan)
VIP (S. Korea)
Triple Threat (USA/Thailand)
Chasing the Dragon (China)
Paradox (China)
A Taxi Driver (S. Korea)
A Single Rider (S. Korea)