Top Five Independent Movies

Tools    

I think Sades means that she doesn't completely buy him a romantic figure in the movies, because he's so disturbingly ugly. Looks aren't everything, but it does make things a tad less likely, I'd imagine.

Now With Moveable Parts
Did I say they had to be? Sheesh...testy.

My my, so much tension on these boards. I think it's because we're all so fond of each other, that we expect more of everyone. Or, as Brodie so eloquently said in Mallrats: "You two are retarded for each other." Maybe we're all just retarded for each other.

Yeah, but Sades always adds a or a which lets everyone know that she [for one] is joking. I don't think it's tension, rather everyone's opinions PISS EVERYONE ELSE OFF.

Now With Moveable Parts
What T said is true. I've been bantering with some of you for many months...and we've talke about everything from changing your underwear to homosexuals to God. So, I think we're a tight knit group, sorta like when you don't let your siblings get away with anything, we jump all over each other! I wouldn't want it any other way.

Now With Moveable Parts
*lifts glass* CHEERS * clink* Ahhhhhh....

I guess I'll forgive you for having so far left out RESERVOIR DOGS!!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Since the last post was 14 years ago, and since we're so much wiser now, what are your favorite independent films?

I agree that an indie is made OUTSIDE of the movie studio, and that if it makes money, it doesn't diminish it's independence, since it was already made.

Another reason I bring this up is because a lot of people don't hear about them, and they each might appeal to different parts of us.

The last best independent film I saw was Tom Noonan's "What Happened Was" - not sure if "Mikey and Nicky" was.. Most of Cassavetes films were independent.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I honestly don't know the culture of films in Australia. I would like to know. Are Indie films popular?
Very hard in Aus for indie films to get financing for distribution, so mostly for the hard core fans at film festivals and arthaus cinemas...or stealing off the back of the internet truck

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. No Country for Old Men
4. American Beauty
5. The Usual Suspects

In my Opinion Top Five Independent Movies

Reservoir Dogs
Memento
Pulp Fiction
Donnie Darko
Lost in Translation