Kino Cult: New free streaming service launching!

Tools    

Kino Lorber is launching a free streaming service featuring horror, cult and arthouse films! It will officially be available in Canada and US tomorrow, although the app is now available with some films already on there. More details here:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/k...ms-1235077446/

Victim of The Night
Kino Lorber is launching a free streaming service featuring horror, cult and arthouse films! It will officially be available in Canada and US tomorrow, although the app is now available with some films already on there. More details here:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/k...ms-1235077446/
Now you're talkin' my language.

Hmmm. Hmmmmm, I say!

What kinds of ads are we talking about here, folks? How frequent? How annoying?

What kinds of ads are we talking about here, folks? How frequent? How annoying?
I'm watching A Virgin Among the Living Dead and there hasn't been a single ad yet and I'm 35 minutes in.

I'm watching A Virgin Among the Living Dead and there hasn't been a single ad yet and I'm 35 minutes in.
Are you using adblock? I don't think I have that for my streaming devices, but I could run HDMI if worse comes to worse.

Are you using adblock? I don't think I have that for my streaming devices, but I could run HDMI if worse comes to worse.
No, I'm not using any kind of adblock. I'm watching on the app on my apple tv, if that makes any kind of difference.

No, I'm not using any kind of adblock. I'm watching on the app on my apple tv, if that makes any kind of difference.
I was wondering if it was comparable to Tubi or something. I'll check it out tonight.

Watched this one recently and really liked it. Hope you enjoy.

Watched this one recently and really liked it. Hope you enjoy.
Yeah, I just finished watching it and I really enjoyed it. A Virgin Among the Living Dead is atmospheric, stylish, and erotic. I would rate it a
. And there was no ads at all during the entire film!

I watched one from Kino Cult last night, Girl Gang (1954). A shockingly exploitation film that descriptively shows how-to-shoot heroin. Pretty wild for 1954! I mean the film teaches you just about everything you need to know to become a junkie.

Girl Gang was mastered in 2K from the original 35mm negative...and damn it looked as good as new!

Not a great movie but at a scant 63 minutes, it's worth checking out if fpr no other reason to see Joanne Arnold who went on to be a Playmate centerfold in 1954.

I watched one from Kino Cult last night, Girl Gang (1954). A shockingly exploitation film that descriptively shows how-to-shoot heroin. Pretty wild for 1954! I mean the film teaches you just about everything you need to know to become a junkie.

Girl Gang was mastered in 2K from the original 35mm negative...and damn it looked as good as new!

Not a great movie but at a scant 63 minutes, it's worth checking out if fpr no other reason to see Joanne Arnold who went on to be a Playmate centerfold in 1954.
I have Girl Gang on blu ray. It's volume 11 of the Kino Forbidden Fruit series, which is a fun and interesting series of exploitation films. I rated Girl Gang a
not a very good film, but as you mentioned it is quite a wild time.

I have Girl Gang on blu ray. It's volume 11 of the Kino Forbidden Fruit series, which is a fun and interesting series of exploitation films. I rated Girl Gang a
not a very good film, but as you mentioned it is quite a wild time.
I'd give it a 2.5 myself, when compared to all movies...though I might give special accolades for being pretty far out! Loved the room with the flashing red light, where the new girl gang members went to have sex with all the guys in the gang...to be initiated. I wonder who thought of that rule, ha!

Have you seen Test Tube Babies (1948) I'd been wanting to see that one, and now thanks to this thread I can watch it on Kino Cult.