Wooley's Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Screen-Cap Game

Tools    

Honestly, I've been kinda shocked 100% of contestants haven't gotten both of those.
Maybe 17 isn't quite as well-known among genre fans as I thought, but I'm surprised, I think of it as a movie most genre fans have seen and it's obviously visually memorable, so...
But 23? Hard to believe Horror fans don't know that one at a glance. We've talked about it in the 'cram like dozens of times.
That's why I was so ashamed. I might have come up with 23 after spending more time on it, but 17 is not an image I remember from that film, which I've only seen once as an adult. I was shocked that lil' cuz identified it right away.

Victim of The Night
That's why I was so ashamed. I might have come up with 23 after spending more time on it, but 17 is not an image I remember from that film, which I've only seen once as an adult. I was shocked that lil' cuz identified it right away.
Yeah, maybe 17 was more of a deep-dive than I realized. That whole part of the movie really stuck with me, it's really the visual centerpiece of the first half of the film. But maybe just not nearly as many people have seen it in the wild as have in my mind or my circle of friends (where 100% of people have seen it multiple times).

Yeah, maybe 17 was more of a deep-dive than I realized. That whole part of the movie really stuck with me, it's really the visual centerpiece of the first half of the film. But maybe just not nearly as many people have seen it in the wild as have in my mind or my circle of friends (where 100% of people have seen it multiple times).
I think it is memorable. But I think it's also an example (trying to stay away from spoilers here) where the vibe you get from the screenshot (coloring/angle/etc) is different than what I associate with the rest of the film. Like, I had an initial thought that was off by like 30 years. Then it hit me like a lightning bolt.

Victim of The Night
Bad news, guys.
Holden Pike just blew up this game.
Y'all either gonna have to dramatically up your game or you're battling for second place.
He even got No.20.
I'm heading to work but I'll add the impressive point total when I get settled.

I have 100% seen #11 but I'm ready to concede that I'll never remember what that is. Dammit
#11 - I remembered it, you bastards!

I mean, I could be wrong, but I suspect you do.
It's certainly been one of my favorite movies for a long, long time.
#18 - So I "phoned a friend" and she immediately identified it, and I now know that it's one I haven't seen. So the bad news is I don't get any points but the good news is I can sleep tonight. And the other bad news is that I'm now enduring her trash-talk for not knowing it. Fair, I guess.

Victim of The Night
Nobody can beat Holden in these games.
It would seem not.
He's basically an entire round ahead of everyone else. Maybe a little more.

Victim of The Night
Round 4 - Big Round... Huge... Much Obscurity... So Many Points!

(2 points)

(4 points)

(3 points)

(2 points)

(2 points)

(3 points)

(1 points)

(2 point)

Victim of The Night
Well, guys...

Holden got the whole damn round on the first try.
It didn't even occur to me to calculate how many points this round was because... why would I?

Well, guys...

Holden got the whole damn round on the first try.
It didn't even occur to me to calculate how many points this round was because... why would I?
*looks at scoreboard*

Damn lol

A system of cells interlinked
Tough round...I only recognize two right off. I feel like I have seen a couple more, but can't dredge the names up.

The one with Wallace Shawn with his eyes crossed out is a toughie. Good luck to anyone else who's struggling with that one.
You're really struggling as Wallace Shawn is in none of those stills.

But keep looking for him!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I have seen that movie, but the version without Wallace Shawn.

I can't recall what it is though...

Victim of The Night
Tough round...I only recognize two right off. I feel like I have seen a couple more, but can't dredge the names up.
Yeah, I went with a little deeper cuts this round, and sorta had a theme, but also gave a lot more points to reflect the obscurity.

Heh, he's even wearing almost the same outfit as Vizzini. Can't blame me for the mix-up.
"My eyes are crossed out? Inconceivable!"

Victim of The Night
Also, in response to a PM I got:

All rounds remain open until the very end!

Also, in response to a PM I got:

All rounds remain open until the very end!
I had somehow missed that part on my initial reading of the rules on the OP. My bad!

Victim of The Night
I had somehow missed that part on my initial reading of the rules on the OP. My bad!
No worries, just wanted to make sure everyone was clear on that as it looks like we may have had several people drop out.