A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Unintentionally, I'm afraid. Just had a thread-appropriate gif from Mark of the Vampire pop up in my Tumblr feed and felt I had to share. (Yes, I use Tumblr. Don't laugh.)
I prefer that it's unintentional.

Now go track down Graveyard Rats so you understand why that image is both brilliant and disturbing.

This is (intentionally? unintentionally?) an amazing image to have in a thread where Graveyard Rats is being discussed.
Do you think it should’ve been…

WARNING: spoilers below
the zombie hand reaching through his mouth and grabbing the necklace?

Not as viscerally gross but it would’ve paid off that plot point and still been similar horrific energy.

Either way, I’m debating a ranking of the episodes. I liked them all to one degree or another, which is a fantastic batting average for an anthology show.

Went with another slasher tonight: New Year's Evil (1980)

An inessential but entertaining 80 minutes. It was fine. I'd be lying if I said the theme song didn't grow on me after the 5th time it appeared.

Victim of The Night
Went with another slasher tonight: New Year's Evil (1980)

An inessential but entertaining 80 minutes. It was fine. I'd be lying if I said the theme song didn't grow on me after the 5th time it appeared.

Oh good. I haven't seen this in... 35 years? But I've been thinking about it and never pulling the trigger. Probably watch it at the end of December or on NYD now.

Oh good. I haven't seen this in... 35 years? But I've been thinking about it and never pulling the trigger. Probably watch it at the end of December or on NYD now.
It didn't knock my socks off or anything, so I don't really have much to say about it. I guess it's somewhat noteworthy for having a main character in her 40s, so there's that.

Also, I always chuckle at Hollywood's attempts at portraying punk rockers. I wasn't one, so what do I know, but the movie version always looks like folks in "Punk Rock" costumes you'd get from a department store. The "punk" band in this film plays a blues song, for cryin' out loud.

Victim of The Night
It didn't knock my socks off or anything, so I don't really have much to say about it. I guess it's somewhat noteworthy for having a main character in her 40s, so there's that.

Also, I always chuckle at Hollywood's attempts at portraying punk rockers. I wasn't one, so what do I know, but the movie version always looks like folks in "Punk Rock" costumes you'd get from a department store. The "punk" band in this film plays a blues song, for cryin' out loud.
Oh, I always get a hoot out of this. Joe Pantoliano's hair was done in a punk-rock style in Running Scared and I guess it sorta worked by really by the mid-80s Hollywood was just throwing pink, red, or blue hair dye on just about anybody they wanted to make "edgy".

Oh, I always get a hoot out of this. Joe Pantoliano's hair was done in a punk-rock style in Running Scared and I guess it sorta worked by really by the mid-80s Hollywood was just throwing pink, red, or blue hair dye on just about anybody they wanted to make "edgy".

One of the band members in NYE had what looked like a Sex Pistols bumper sticker wrapped around his pants leg at the ankle, which seems like the least punk rock thing a punk rocker could do.

Victim of The Night

(probably a bad example actually as this bitch was mean and crazy as hell in that movie)

Still, check out these guys:

Sometimes they did a good job.

Do you think it should’ve been…

the zombie hand reaching through his mouth and grabbing the necklace?

Not as viscerally gross but it would’ve paid off that plot point and still been similar horrific energy.
I would have maybe liked to
hear a "mine!" echoing up through the grave, LOL

I actually thought that
he was going to make it out and give the stuff to the debt collectors, only for the zombie to come calling

I would have maybe liked to
hear a "mine!" echoing up through the grave, LOL

I actually thought that
he was going to make it out and give the stuff to the debt collectors, only for the zombie to come calling
I would’ve liked that too. It just needed to payoff somehow and it doesn’t. I

Twenty minutes into The Imp. Decent so far, although I think it's just beginning.

Got to see Fulci’s Zombie on the big screen last night, which was a pretty cool experience. I have no new insights on the film itself, but the tropical atmosphere was a nice antidote to the awful weather outside (cold, rainy, foggy), and I continue to be struck by the sheer bleakness of Fulci’s particular brand violence. The mix of how horrifically gruesome the gore scenes are, the way the movie presents zombification as a particularly dismal existence, and the way characters are confronted repeatedly with the possibility of having to kill their loved ones all continue to get under my skin.

Got to see Fulci’s Zombie on the big screen last night, which was a pretty cool experience. I have no new insights on the film itself, but the tropical atmosphere was a nice antidote to the awful weather outside (cold, rainy, foggy), and I continue to be struck by the sheer bleakness of Fulci’s particular brand violence. The mix of how horrifically gruesome the gore scenes are, the way the movie presents zombification as a particularly dismal existence, and the way characters are confronted repeatedly with the possibility of having to kill their loved ones all continue to get under my skin.
Also I think somebody brought a baby to the screening. I thought I briefly heard a baby crying, assumed it was an audio hiccup and I’d misheard, but then saw a Letterboxd review mention a screaming baby. 👶

Also I think somebody brought a baby to the screening. I thought I briefly heard a baby crying, assumed it was an audio hiccup and I’d misheard, but then saw a Letterboxd review mention a screaming baby. 👶

Very rude to the other patrons.

The baby, itself, wouldn't understand what's going on and would presumably be okay.

I'm kind of torn on this parenting couple. I'm still going negative due to the lack of empathy for their fellow movie viewers.

Parents should save their Zombie-watching at home with the baby on the lap if the babysitter cancels. I'm sorry.

/the childless

As a boy who was brought to see the Amityville Horror in the theater when I was three, and who remained completely cordial and courteous to my fellow movie goers the entirety of the film, this was clearly just a low calibre child.

I wasn’t even annoyed (I could barely hear the baby). I’m just laughing at the idea of taking a baby to see a Fulci movie.

Btw Crumb, this was at the Kingsway Theatre in the west end. Not sure if you’ve ever been there.