Taboo

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Am I the only one here watching this FX series with Tom Hardy? And how is FX getting away with dropping all those F-bombs in every episode? (I've watched all the current episodes On Demand, so perhaps the F-bombs aren't audible in the aired versions. Yes? No?)

Having binged these first half dozen episodes in the past two days, I can say that it's almost cloyingly bleak and dark -- literally. London is perpetually muddy, ugly, filthy, and sad. And although the story is mostly compelling and Hardy and the others are all marvelous (is Jonathan Pryce in everything all of a sudden?), I'm almost glad I'm caught up and now can only watch one episode a week. It was getting depressing.

Not sure how I feel about the odd supernatural elements (or hints of them, at this point) or even the title of the show itself (what taboo(s) are we talking about here? incest? cannibalism? others?)... but I'm still watching.

Am I the only one?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Unless I'm hallucinating I'm pretty sure there's a thread on it, MsAus. Tom Hardy n00d. Oh. Damn shame you mentioned supernatural. I'm not a fan of that.

I think I saw one this morning. Hang on, see if I can find for you. Seem to be a few fans here.

HA! THERE it is! How did I miss it a half hour ago? I went through pages of threads ... twice. Duh! Will delete this one now ...
Don't delete. Just make the henchmen merge it.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Just watched the first 2 episodes last night. Started watching Prison Break again for lack of a good series and after the first 2 seasons felt cheap and ashamed for my lackluster indulgence. Then i discovered this redemption. Tom Hardy can do no wrong, lots of grunting. Great period show so far. Likey Likey!