Searching for compilation of Blaxploitation movie trailers

Tools    

Hello, Everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have been searching for a 4 & 1/2-hour compilation of "Blaxploitation" movie trailers, most of which are from the '60s, '70s and '80s. I had this "gem" on a hard drive that crashed several years ago, but have never come back across it since - which is a shame, because it truly is hilarious!! Since I cannot remember the name of this collection, it has remained unobtainable. Does anyone know the name of this compilation?; or, has anyone ever seen anything like it anywhere?; or, has anyone ever even heard of this compilation before? The reason being, I'm beginning to wonder if it was real, or if I simply imagined it... Thanks so much for any help that you may be able to offer, in tracking down this elusive treasure ~ DeAnna.

Thank you, dear Yoda, for your kind and wise guidance!

Gladly.

Long shot, but I might as well mention Black Dynamite, a modern comedy specifically done as a send-up/homage of blaxploitation films, just on the off chance that it morphed a bit in the memory.

You can try Can You Dig it, Baadassss, Badass Mutha ****az, or I think there was one just called blaxploitation or "so and so" presents blaxploitation. Something like that.

Again, thank you, Yoda, and algernon, for your kind diligence... as it turns out, I have seen both "Can You Dig it, Baadasss..." and "Black Dynamite", and thoroughly enjoyed both of them! I also tried searching "Blaxploitation", and came up with several movies/documentaries with that in the title; however, none of them was "the one"; though I was able to find a channel on YouTube, of all places, that has about 100 "Blaxploitation" trailers featured in one of their playlists... so I'm beginning to think that perhaps someone simply put that compilation together, and then put it up for "grabs" on the internet, when I came along and "grabbed" it... because, now that I'm thinking of it, it probably was some type of "bootleg"... what are your thoughts?

Get Quentin Tarantino on the line. This sounds like something he'd know the answer to. He'll even have a copy to lend you.

I have seen multiple examples of film trailer compilations. Mostly Horror or sex movies. But I don't know where to get them. The "Something Weird" company had them back when they sold vcr tapes.

I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aTo5ZWRn7o1Vzo

You can also check out one of my favs. If you know about RL(rarelust), you can check that out. Check under documentary. He has about 8 or so trailer compilations. Ozploitation, nazisploitation, and a lot of horror trailer comps. I didn't see any blaxploitation or canuxploitation on there though.

You can also check out one of my favs. ...
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Any more like that I should know about?

Ehh, not really, just the usuals. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention that on this site. Gonna lean towards the NO on that. That was the cream of crop and one I never mention, for fear of popularity and termination.

The Video detective used to be cool. I don't really like the new web layout. They had a ton of trailers. YouTube caught up to them, though. They have a channel on YouTube but you can just as easily search YouTube with "year or title+ trailer" and find them quicker or some forgotten ones.

YES! THANK YOU!! XXX OOO - You have renewed my hope in this quest!

Following up from MovieChas, Something Weird Video released Afros, Macks & Zodiacs on VHS in 1995. According to IMDb, it has a 2 hour running time, so not long enough to match your query. However, I have found an image of the full cover.

"VOLUME 1"!?

If there is more than one volume, the set is probably what you are looking for.

Thank you, RGC1957... I think you're right! Someone probably put two volumes together! At the time I came across the compilation that I had, I remember thinking how inordinately long it was... and so it makes perfect sense that it would have been two volumes!

Thank you, RGC1957... I think you're right! Someone probably put two volumes together! At the time I came across the compilation that I had, I remember thinking how inordinately long it was... and so it makes perfect sense that it would have been two volumes!
I think he named it "1" with maybe the intent to do another. If you go to his IMDB director list, he only has this one under that theme: Domonic Paris

I think he named it "1" with maybe the intent to do another. If you go to his IMDB director list, he only has this one under that theme: Domonic Paris

IMDb isn't always reliable with respect to direct-to-video releases in the VHS era.