Pre-1930 movies you think others might enjoy

Tools    

Are any of these "talkies"?
Technical Specs : Sound Mix on the individual film pages on IMDb is probably the easiest/best place to look for that info. Most will not be though.

Most of those that I've watched lately which are worthy of a mention have already been given one in the various threads but one that some might get some enjoyment from that hasn't yet is Die Straße [The Street] from 1923 ... freely available on the tube of U (print not great but watchable even if a little damaged in the odd place).

I quite enjoyed Merry-Go-Round from the same year as well (with the lovely Mary Philbin in - she also played Dea in The Man Who Laughs and Christine in The Phantom Of The Opera if that helps sway anyone into watching it).

One more to add (for those that either like looking inside Hollywood or just watching a goodly amusing comedy) is Show People from 1928. Apologies if it's already been mentioned in this or any associated thread - I've lost the inclination to trawl back and check

Erich von Stroheim's Greed (1924) airs tonight/tomorrow morning on TCM at 3:15 a.m. EST. I think the film is a masterpiece and essential viewing for anyone prepping for the upcoming countdown.

The Flying Train, Germany, 1902

A Trip Through Paris, France in The 1890s 1900 ‘Un Voyage à travers Paris, 1890’ Directed by Louis Lumière

A Trip Through New York City 1911

[4k, 60 fps]

Nosferatu
The Phantom of the Opera
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Anything with Charlie Chaplin