Do charitable foundations support independent films like this?

Tools    

Hi Guys,

I am a screenwriter. I wrote a short story for a short film and I want to shoot it too. The story is mainly about pollution and animals.

Since this will be my first experience and I need financial support, the project has to be sponsored.

Would the world famous non-profit organizations help me with this? Would they support me financially?

I would be very grateful if you can answer my questions.

Hi Guys,

I am a screenwriter. I wrote a short story for a short film and I want to shoot it too. The story is mainly about pollution and animals.

Since this will be my first experience and I need financial support, the project has to be sponsored.

Would the world famous non-profit organizations help me with this? Would they support me financially?

I would be very grateful if you can answer my questions.
I don't think anyone here can speak for Greenpeace or WWF, you would need to contact them directly and ask for financial support for your film. But don't hold your breath, I doubt they pass out money that easy. What's the projected cost of making your short film?

I don't know why you'd expect us to know, though I get the feeling this was cross-posted in a lot of places.

We don't know. I'm not even sure we can guess any better than you can. But if you're asking for a guess: I'll say no. They have a lot of very tangible projects to fund, and if they were going to do something like this they'd presumably do so themselves, from the ground up, as opposed to funding something from someone independent.

You'll almost definitely have to fund it yourself, like virtually any short and/or independent film.

I don't know why you'd expect us to know, though I get the feeling this was cross-posted in a lot of places.

We don't know. I'm not even sure we can guess any better than you can. But if you're asking for a guess: I'll say no. They have a lot of very tangible projects to fund, and if they were going to do something like this they'd presumably do so themselves, from the ground up, as opposed to funding something from someone independent.

You'll almost definitely have to fund it yourself, like virtually any short and/or independent film.
Thank you.

I don't think anyone here can speak for Greenpeace or WWF, you would need to contact them directly and ask for financial support for your film. But don't hold your breath, I doubt they pass out money that easy. What's the projected cost of making your short film?
I have not made a specific cost plan yet, but I guess it would cost about $ 30,000 to $ 40,000.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I imagine this would a labor of love. At least until you build some type of reputation and social media brand.

Who are you and what similar films have you produced to serve as a resume when soliciting donations? Where are you in the environmental and wildlife landscape?

You can search for local, state, federal, and private artistic grants but you may have to show progress or a product in the end if not itemized budgets to enter. Maybe crowd sourcing, but still you're going to have to show proof of concept and a serious outline of your intent just to start.

30k is a lot of money for a first time gig with anything I would imagine.