Amazon's Jack Ryan

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I’ve seen ads for it...I don’t agree that that actor should be an action main, he’s the soft looking guy from the office. He looks like he would have a soy latte.

I gave up on the show after four episodes. It had some promise in the beginning but it certainly didn't deliver. And I agree with @Larry that the main character didn't fit in the action role at all.

Season 2 is available now, again it's consistent. Good performances from the supporting cast (Noomi Rapace, Jordi Mollà, Jaqen H'ghar from GoT, Arnold Vosloo)
And Krasinski not right for the action role? Because Harrison Ford was so different? Isn't Ryan supposed to have a pencil pusher look?

Season 2 is available now, again it's consistent. Good performances from the supporting cast (Noomi Rapace, Jordi Mollà, Jaqen H'ghar from GoT, Arnold Vosloo)
And Krasinski not right for the action role? Because Harrison Ford was so different? Isn't Ryan supposed to have a pencil pusher look?
I agree with your points, after watching the first two episodes last night. Ryan had been a white collar analyst who was pressed into field service. His transition may slightly strain credulity, but it's certainly believable dramatically. Ryan is no Jack Bauer, but he surely wasn't intended to be.

When one takes into account all the junk that's out there, this series is pretty well done. They've obviously spent some big money on the locations and settings. The stories are well written, and contain enough surprises to keep one's interest. Most all the acting is first rate.

I don't know where the show is going, but so far it's at a pretty good caliber.

~Doc

Finished the series last night. It held up very nicely all the way through, although the last 2 episodes were a little trite. But by that time the viewer is invested enough in the characters to hold one's interest.

IMO it's a better than average spy thriller series with interesting characters and a high production budget. Tom Clancy was a good writer, and some of that quality spilled over into the screen writing. Will be looking forward to its 3rd season.

~Doc

On the last episode of season 1 and feel the show, performances, and storylines just fantastic. I urge others to watch this.

You ready? You look ready.
I always understood Jack to be a good solider. Believes in the higher calling but he buried that part of himself after his helicopter crash. He likes to think that he can hide behind a desk now. He knows deep down that isn’t who he is but he keeps repeating his mantra hoping one day he and everyone else will believe it: "I’m just an analyst."

They did a stellar job capturing this internal war in season 1. I couldn’t have asked for a better tribute to the character than that.

Wasn’t crazy about the tried trope of the bad Muslim terrorist or the asinine plot holes, but it ain’t a docudrama and Jack Ryan is a badass. Wits and clips.

Wasn’t crazy about the tried trope of the bad Muslim terrorist or the asinine plot holes, but it ain’t a docudrama and Jack Ryan is a badass. Wits and clips.
Yeah, it would have been better if it turned out that it was a CIA operative impersonating a Muslim terrorist in a plot to set up a "false flag" infraction...

You're right, the whole Muslim terrorists theme is getting pretty long in the tooth. I noticed that in the Homeland series they switched back to the Russians..