10 Sure Signs a Movie Character is Doomed

Tools    

Originally Posted by Richard Roeper
1. The researcher who is working late in the police lab and calls up the lead cop and says, "I know who did it! Meet me at the crime scene at 11 tonight." After hanging up the phone, the researcher will be greeted by a visitor who is not shown on camera and will say, "Hey, what are YOU doing here?" And then the researcher will get whacked.

2. The punky little kid or the wizened old soul who befriends a main character in a hospital has no chance. We'll find out the kid (or the old-timer) has died when the main character stops in to pay a visit, only to see a nurse's aide stripping the bed. Nothing says death in a hospital scene like a nurse's aide stripping the bed

3. The fresh-face soldier who talks endlessly about his girlfriend, looks longingly at her photo every night, and tells everyone, "We'e going have a baby!" will be coming home in a body bag.

4. The pregnant young wife who looks at her husband with pure love and says "I've never been happier in my entire life" has no chance of making it out og the movie alive.

5. Another type who has no chance of surviving the movie: The anonymous henchman who exist only to fight the superhero and never realizes that it would be better to team up with his fellow anonymous henchmen for a group attack rather than waiting his turn to by defeated by the hero. (See the Austin Powers movies.)

6. Of course, all lusty teenagers in the Friday the 13th, Halloween, or Nightmare on Elm Street movies will be sliced and diced to pieces, usually after they've just made love or gone skinny-dipping.

7. The popular veteran cop who has travel brochures on his desk and is a week away fron retirement - he's never going to see that condo in Arizona, is he?

8. If a team of crimials or investigators has one black guy played by an actor who's not as famous as anyone else, that guy has no chance. (As explained in Undercover Brother.)

9. The bad guy is locked in a life-and-death clinch with the good guy, when suddenly a gun goes off, We see the look of shock on the good guy's face as he falls away - but of course it's the bad guy who's been shot in the gut.

10. Wise old-timers in the form of janitors, next-door neighbors, reited athletes, or inmates who have been locked up for 50 years - they're bound to croak, usually in the arms of their young protege, who says, "Don't you die on me now!" as if it's up to the old guy.
What do you think?

i thnk he hit the nail on the head...i tend to agree...unless each of the characters he's talking about are really big stars...then

a) they kill them off at the last second

b) they kill them off, bring them back to life

c) they don't kill them at all and give us a little twist at the end

d) they are dead all along and it's all a dream or flashback

my opinion

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
^^^d), i hate d) type films aka Soul Survivor

sure sign: 'What's the worst that couldn't happen?' 'How could things get any wors?' these are things you should never say if there is a murderer around