2015 Box Office Challenge Round II

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Mad Max will definitely bomb or be a lukewarm success for a lot of reasons. The the gap of years between the third film of the series and the reboot that's coming out is too much. There has been two generation swaps, and the kind of style in Mad Max doesn't appeal to this generation of folks. Not only that, the action in Mad Max doesn't look very new. Exploding cars and road rage have done countless times. And sadly, originality doesn't work in Hollywood anymore (for action-based films) compared to comic book flicks.

Also, seanc, Pan is certainly a July release. Don't let me be bombed by that.

I updated all our picks in the first post. Waiting on Godoggo to change her pick for Gatsby and Gunslinger to bomb Rauldc. I sent PM so no worries, they are both active. Besides that we are good to go.

Care for some gopher?
Furious 7 opened to $67.3 Mio. yesterday! Thats $28.6 Mio. above the opening day of Fast & Furious 6!

Week 1:

$143,623,000

Damn, that is about all that needs to be said. Sorry Chypmunk, hope whatever you smoked the day you were the only one not to pick Furious 7 was really good.

Box Office is up in the second post.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Well done all on picking F7, I was hoping the franchise would run out of steam but apparently it's exactly the opposite

Tail-end Charlie

I expected Furious 7 to do well because it's Paul Walker's last F&F movie.

It's summer and it's F&S. It was a slam dunk. It's taken huge in the States, but take a look at the worldwide take. It's a hundred million more.

EDIT: Just seen its budget according to wiki. $250m It'll still be fine, but that's a lot more than I was hoping/expecting. Things might not be over just yet Chyp,

Care for some gopher?
If Furious 7 follows the pattern of the previous two movies (~62% drop) it should make around $56 Mio. this weekend an would have, by then, already exceeded Fast & Furious 6's entire run! That is absolutely insane.

Care for some gopher?
Furious 7 fell only 59% and made $60.5 Mio. this weekend. The worldwide boxoffice stands at $800 Mio!

Btw: Godoggo still hasn't changed the bomb for Gatsby.

Master of My Domain
EDIT: Just seen its budget according to wiki. $250m It'll still be fine, but that's a lot more than I was hoping/expecting. Things might not be over just yet Chyp,
Wiki changed it to 190m, hallelujah, but it's still very high.

Week 3:

$29,056,000

Furious 7 continues to roll. After its third weekend it has grossed over 1 billion world wide. Paul Blart opens number 2 and should get into the black handily. Box office is updated in the second post.

Two week and I will close out round I and put up a leader board here. Still waiting to hear from Godoggo concerning Gatsby's bomb. If I don't we will figure out something democratic.

Master of My Domain
Damn this thread makes me miss Gdog even more. I don't care if the bomb makes me lose Round 2, I want her bomb.

Week 4:

$18,259,000

Furious 7 again. Not much to report besides that. The other big baddie for this round gets released stateside next weekend. Box office is updated in second post.

The new Avengers movie has taken $201m this weekend. In the black by next weekend?

Furious 7 has now taken $1.3bn worldwide. Paul Blart 2 is already in the black. Just profit from now on for whoever picked it.

The new Avengers movie has taken $201m this weekend. In the black by next weekend?

Furious 7 has now taken $1.3bn worldwide. Paul Blart 2 is already in the black. Just profit from now on for whoever picked it.
Avengers and F&F are not going to have much effect on the outcome of this round but it is kind of fun to see how much they can make.

Care for some gopher?
Age of Ultron made $187 Mio. domestically and thus fell $20 Mio. short of its predecessor opening weekend: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

I'm glad, the bomb i got is performing quite well.