+ Rep The Person Above You

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
As for honestly disliking positive rep - to perhaps illustrate my point, we have this one user, Mark F, who currently holds the record for most rep earned. He got so much rep he even started a thread asking people to stop giving him rep.
Which is why my rep count towards mark has gone drastically down. He still earns one or two from me though.

Mark F needs a good slapping or two for calling me Veda from Mildred Pierce, not positive rep.

You know what might be a better idea - one that could be funnier?

Keep this thread, but change the rule to where you have to EARN the positive rep from the person below you by saying something amusing or funny or nice, etc. That way there's an option to not give somebody rep.

Of course, other people still might rep the person who didn't get rep, but the point is, it would be like a silly, jokey game. And there wouldn't be that rule where you have to rep the person above you, since that infuriates others.

Look at this thread already -- it's already happening, so HitchFan97 might as well just change the rule to that. I like it.

It's like you have the freedom to say or do anything and it will judged on whether it deserves a rep or not.

It's a game, though. It can be like a little mini talent show. A little mini Star Search. Just do something amusing or nice - give a long speech about anything you want, perhaps - the point is you're not limited to one particular topic in a thread. It's free rein. It's chaos - but you have to earn rep, so it's finding beauty in chaos.

Still comes off as a rep whore thread.
That's one way of thinking of it; I prefer Sexy's concept of a funny, uplifting thread that improves self-esteem. It's a great big thread of positivity

And who doesn't love a little chaos here and there

No, this way, it doesn't even have to be about positivity anymore. It's about anything. It's about whatever gets you positive repped. You could be totally negative and still get a +1 rep point if the person below you likes it.

Think of it as like a Shoutbox with reputation, sort of. But with a twist. A little twist of lemon.

I don't even know who Chris Hanson is. Sorry, no positive rep for you.

Oh, I guess I've gotta do something now to earn rep... well, I started it off the new way. That's my thing.

No, this way, it doesn't even have to be about positivity anymore. It's about anything. It's about whatever gets you positive repped. You could be totally negative and still get a +1 rep point if the person below you likes it.

Think of it as like a Shoutbox with reputation, sort of. But with a twist. A little twist of lemon.
Yum. I like lemons.

If you want to give this thread credibility you should take the "+" out of the title. Then, keep the "earning" deal but expect that if you post in here you can earn negative rep just as easily as positive rep, so no crying about it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Look! A ghost!

Originally Posted by Harry Lime
If you want to give this thread credibility you should take the "+" out of the title. Then, keep the "earning" deal but expect that if you post in here you can earn negative rep just as easily as positive rep, so no crying about it.
Yeah, but can he change the thread title? I thought only mods could do that.

I think the + lets people know it's a place where they can earn +1 rep, at least.