+ Rep The Person Above You

Tools    

I made this one:

I'll Give You NEGATIVE Rep Points...

... wow, in 2003. Is this all I do with my life? Worry about Movie Forums reputation points? I didn't realize rep was around then.

Plus rep for participating! Its becoming a rarity... if you think this thread is WRONG, don't post here!

Welcome to the human race...
^No rep, I'll explain why.

+rep for not seeing anything wrong with this thread
There's plenty wrong with this thread. It's been stated before (in this very thread, I think), but the whole point of the reputation system is to reward or reprimand users for their contributions to this website. By encouraging the distribution of reputation purely for the sake of having it, this thread misses the entire point of having a reputation system in the first place.

@plainview

Nope! But +1 anyways.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about- it's almost free rep, and who here honestly dislikes getting positive rep? However, if you don't, it's not like you're obligated to post here or anything.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about- it's almost free rep, and who here honestly dislikes getting positive rep?
You're obviously missing the point.

EDIT: OK, this is my last post, in case I get +rep'd for nothing again. Have fun!

and who here honestly dislikes getting positive rep?
I kind of don't like it, at least half the time. I guess it depends, probably more indifference than dislike. Although, when I get negative repped I always smile.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
I don't know what you guys are complaining about- it's almost free rep, and who here honestly dislikes getting positive rep? However, if you don't, it's not like you're obligated to post here or anything.
Here's the thing - if it's almost free and doesn't take much more than just posting in a thread and being guaranteed a rep point, then what's the point? The rep is supposed to reflect a member's contributions to the website, not just be a goal in and of itself, plus it serves as a mark of genuine respect from other members for being such a worthwhile contributor through well-done posts or discussions. Without that sense of purpose and being legitimately earned, the rep is virtually meaningless.

As for honestly disliking positive rep - to perhaps illustrate my point, we have this one user, Mark F, who currently holds the record for most rep earned. He got so much rep he even started a thread asking people to stop giving him rep.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with having a little "magic" thread where you can come in at a certain time and go and get yourself a positive rep, if you really do need one. I mean, it's not like everyone is gonna always be in here everyday -- maybe HitchFan97, but even then, it would probably die down.

Besides, he included the rule, "Find something to positive rep the person for" so this is actually a sort of MoFo Support Group Supplement Thread in a way -- it's a positive, supportive, self esteem kind of thread. Meant for uplifting others.

I say if you don't agree with it, get out, but I see nothing wrong with having this thread. I hope nobody foolishly closes it.