A Million Little Things

Tools    

I'm over this back and forth with Maggie and Gary that dominated episode 13. The whole thing in their opening scene of saying things simultaneously and finishing each other's sentences just came off as forced. Either get them back together or break them up because these two are becoming really annoying. Paul Guilfoyle was lovely as Delilah's father and it was nice to have him as the impetus to bring Delilah and Sophie back together again. Rome and Gina's meeting with their possible birth mother was nice, but why bother to foreshadow a storyline that we already saw coming? Loved the food fight that Eddie, Katherine, and Theo had too.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm over this back and forth with Maggie and Gary that dominated episode 13. The whole thing in their opening scene of saying things simultaneously and finishing each other's sentences just came off as forced. Either get them back together or break them up because these two are becoming.
At first, I wanted to see Gary and Maggie get back together, but now I'm not so sure. I think Gary needs Maggie more than she needs him, but I'm starting to dislike her recently, and now I'm not really sure that she deserves him.

There was some solid acting and directing in ep 14, which actually had more than one "awwww" moment for me. Loved everything that happened between Danny and Elliott. The reveal that they fell asleep holding hands was probably my favorite "awww" moment. Another serious "awww" moment for me was when Gary told Delilah that he had put Maggie's six month check up in his phone a long time ago. Loving the actress who's playing Eve...the terror she expressed when she learned Derek was in town was tangible and I really don't want to see this girl get hurt. I still think the writers haven't decided how old Theo is yet...in the scene where he was so nasty to Dakota, he was about 40 years old and the scene where Eddie showed him the vows, he was about 4, but I'm glad Katherine had Eddie's back on this and I think Theo got off way too easy. His treatment of Dakota was unacceptable in my book, butt Triston Byon is turning out to be quite the little actor. I also think every moment James Roday has onscreen is gold.

There was some solid acting and directing in ep 14, which actually had more than one "awwww" moment for me. Loved everything that happened between Danny and Elliott. The reveal that they fell asleep holding hands was probably my favorite "awww" moment.
I loved when they showed Danny and Elliott holding hands in their sleep. That was sooo adorable.

Another serious "awww" moment for me was when Gary told Delilah that he had put Maggie's six month check up in his phone a long time ago.
I'm glad that Gary still cares about Maggie, but I just wish that he would get over her already and get on with his life. Unfortunately I think the writers are leaning towards getting the two of them back together again.

Loving the actress who's playing Eve...the terror she expressed when she learned Derek was in town was tangible and I really don't want to see this girl get hurt.
I was surprised that Rome and Regina didn't just immediately take Eve home with them when she was terrified of her ex. They keep pushing her to go to a shelter, but I would think that he would be more likely to look for her there than at the house of two people that he doesn't even know exist. If Rome was that scared of him for only the 20 minutes that it took for him to get her stuff, than how could she ever feel safe in a shelter?

I still think the writers haven't decided how old Theo is yet...in the scene where he was so nasty to Dakota, he was about 40 years old and the scene where Eddie showed him the vows, he was about 4, but I'm glad Katherine had Eddie's back on this and I think Theo got off way too easy. His treatment of Dakota was unacceptable in my book, butt Triston Byon is turning out to be quite the little actor.
I think Theo is just a kid who seems to pick up on things that many kids wouldn't even notice. He was smart enough to figure out that if his father cheated on his mother once, so he might do it again. With so much drama going on in his family, he hasn't really had time to be a kid.

I also think every moment James Roday has onscreen is gold.
If you like James Roday in this show, you should check him out in the show "Psych". That show is more fun, so it shows a different side of him.

Just wrapped ep 15. This show seems to have a thing for gathering all the principals in a single setting and letting the drama spring from there, but this time it just came off as very contrived. The Gary/Maggie dance continued to be annoying and it was WAY too convenient that Rome's dad would show up, not having seen him since his wife died. I didn't like the way he was messing up Rome's meeting with Isaac Martin, but I began to see how much he misses his wife and is so lost without her. And I can't believe Eve left with her baby daddy...no good can come of that, but it wasn't really surprising either.

Episode 16 was kind of "meh", but it had its moments. The drama with Rome, Gina, and Eve played out just as it should. Why do women who have been victims of abuse always believe the guy when he comes crawling back and says he's changed? I really thought he was going to throw down with Rome, which was weird because Rome is the last character on this show I would ever imagine engaging in fisticuffs. It was lovely what Katherine did for Carter but I knew she would regret it later. The writers still seem undecided as to exactly how old Theo is supposed to be...he came off as 40 years old in this episode.And I didn't realize it until the possibility was on the horizon, but Delilah REALLY needs to get laid.

Episode 17 came off a little pat and convenient as several storylines seemed to wrap in very neat little bows. I'm glad that the tension between Eddie and Sophia was cleared up, though I wish it had been done in a different way. It's time for Sophia to find out that her father was not the saint she thought he was. Katherine quits her job in the last episode and already has own office to start her own practice in the next? Yeah, that happens every day and love the fact that Gary tried to take credit for it. Gary needs to stop worrying about everybody else and work on himself. Even though I felt bad for him during his last appearance, the sympathy boat sailed on Rome's father during this appearance. All that praise for Maggie, a woman he barely knows rather than acknowledge his neglect of Rome? Gary and Eddie's dreams about John were wierd and creepy.

Ep 18 had its moments...I knew the second Gina's mother appeared onscreen that she was going to cause all kinds of tension at that baby shower. That was so weird when she told Gina that she didn't understand her relationship with Eve...what the hell did that mean? I also don't understand why everyone was so shocked that Eve showed up. Why shouldn't she have been there? Not feeling Gary's new girlfriend...she seems even more damaged than Maggie, but I guess that's what Gary likes. I thought the writers were going to let Eddie and Katherine be happy for awhile, but I guess not. Whatever he and his sister find out, I hope Eddie gets in front of it and is honest with Katherine about it. Not feeling Delilah's new boyfriend either.

The season finale was an emotionally charged hour that actually had me talking back at the screen, something that hasn't happened too much with this show. Eve changing her mind about the baby was a real heartbreaker, but what I didn't see was Gina blaming Rome for it. Glad that Gary and Maggie finally admitted their feelings for each other, but I'm also glad it didn't really change anything. Loved when Darcy confronted Gary about dropping her hand when Maggie walked in the room. I hope Darcy figures out at some point that Maggie will always be in Gary's system. James Roday was superb in that scene where he told Maggie off. The scene of Eddie almost relapsing was a bit much, but what happened after was just wrong. We even got some welcome comic relief when Sophie and Daniel were both flirting with their mom's new boyfriend. Looking forward to season 3.

The season premiere had its moments, but parts were definitely better than the whole. No surprise that Eddie survived his accident, but it was weird they did the six month time jump so they wouldn't have to deal with Eddie's rehabilitation, but skipping over Eddie's six months would have meant skipping over six months of the rest of the characters and they didn't seem to do that. You can't time jump six months for one character. This whole thing of keeping Maggie in the show even though she's in London felt really forced. And I know it hurt Rome, but Gina's reaction to learning there was another baby for them rang totally true...Gina's been through the emotional wringer where this subject is concerned and I don't think she could handle another heartbreak right now.

The season premiere had its moments, but parts were definitely better than the whole. No surprise that Eddie survived his accident, but it was weird they did the six month time jump so they wouldn't have to deal with Eddie's rehabilitation, but skipping over Eddie's six months would have meant skipping over six months of the rest of the characters and they didn't seem to do that. You can't time jump six months for one character. This whole thing of keeping Maggie in the show even though she's in London felt really forced. And I know it hurt Rome, but Gina's reaction to learning there was another baby for them rang totally true...Gina's been through the emotional wringer where this subject is concerned and I don't think she could handle another heartbreak right now.

What was going on with the guy in truck who was following Eddie? Is he the driver who hit him? I thought I saw him in the flashback scene too. Is he the father of the girl who died, and he blames Eddie for her death?

Just finished ep 2...I really hate what's happening between Rome and Gina, especially because I understand both sides. And I'm pretty sure that's the writers' intentions. I liked the basketball game with Eddie and the guys and the ping pong game with Katherine and Theo...nice to see Katherine lighten up a little. It was nice to see Maggie begin to bond with her new roommate, but I'm finding I really don't care anymore because Maggie is England and barely on the periphery of the rest of the stories. And Delilah flying to France with Mike has disaster written all over it.

Ep 3 was a little soapy and melodramatic for me, even if it is a prime time soap. The "big reveal" about what happened that summer at the lake house was a huge letdown. Why reveal all that now that Eddie is in a wheelchair and has already paid the unjustified consequences of what happened? British Maggie and her British roommate are like watching paint dry and Rome and Gina making up happened way too fast.

This show was starting to lose me but the fourth season premiere sucked me right back in. I'm shocked by what Gary has done...he has basically destroyed his life in the name of revenge for Sophie. There's no way this isn't going to lead back to him eventually. I'm guessing that at some point, Sophie will find out and might actually cover for him. I was a little surprised that Katherine is actually allowing Theo to live with his dad. I'm glad that Tyrell is getting to see his mom cause I was sick of his whining about it, but I'm also glad that he will be returning to Rome and Gina because they seem really committed to raising this kid. Maybe Tyrell's return will help Gina out of her self-pity about the restaurant. It's also time for Rome to actually get a movie going or pursue another career.

Really enjoyed ep 2...it was nice to see Katherine lighten up a little and be kind of stressed and clumsy and star struck. The look on her face when she quoted the line from Shanese' movie and Shanese didn't remember it was priceless. Rome kind of got on my nerves but he did get Gina's mind off her worries. The confrontation between Gary and the police detective was brilliant! Easily the show's best scene...the way it played, the detective already knows Gary did it, but Gary played it absolutely perfect and I have no doubt in my mind that Gary's father will back him up if necessary. He said he wasn't going to check with Gary's father but I don't believe that for a minute. Maggie's radio call with Jonah was lovely and looking forward to seeing her and her new co-worker (Mark Derwin) bump heads...the shaved head is totally working for him. Liked the closure on who Gary's accomplice was...love the actor when he played Olivia Benson's brother, Simon on Law and Order SVU, but can never remember his name. Solid show.

Ep 3 was definitely a mixed bag...the divorced party for Katherine was a big snooze and what was it about that party that brought out all the weirdness in Maggie? And why was Eddie so upset about Katherine having that party? I hate that Eddie was robbed of his confrontation with that woman in the store, but you just know he's going back to that store to find her. Theo and Darcy's germophobic son need to be put on a bus and sent somewhere far away. Why hasn't that detective gone to Gary's father to confirm his alibi yet? And is it just me, or is there a romance in the works for Katherine and Shanise? I also liked that this was the first episode in about a year and a half where John was mentioned.

Ep 4 was pretty solid...hate what happened to Rome...hasn't this guy had enough career disasters to last a lifetime? He's due a little success. Gina's new BFF at work seems to have a whole lot of skeletons in her closet that we haven't begun to learn about yet. I'm wondering what Peter's next move is with Gary? I'm also wondering if he pretended to have memory loss with the detective so that he could deal with Gary by himself. Eddie's meeting with the woman who hit him was a bit of a cheat for me. I don't like that he gets closure and she gets sympathy. And even though Eddie has accepted his fate, I don't believe for one minute that the writers are going to keep Eddie in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

I finally found the time to catch up with the new season.

It looks like Gary has a big problem coming his way, now that we know that Peter knows about Gary's involvement. (I don't think the detective spoke to Gary's father yet because it doesn't matter. He already knows that Gary's father is going to lie for him.)

I hope that Eddie doesn't stay in the wheelchair forever, but even if he does, it's just sad that they took away any hope that he might have had of ever walking again. It would have been better if he was fighting to get on his feet again. I disagree about Eddie forgiving the woman who hit him. I'm glad that he forgave her. He was so angry, but maybe now he can get past it, and be happy again.

I'm hoping that there's some way for Rome to undo the deal of selling his movie to those crooks. He worked so hard on his movie, and he deserves to have people see it so that he (and it) can get the praise that he (and it) deserves.

Ep 5 had its moments...it was a little convenient the way Maggie was able to keep her radio job, but I was surprised that they have her hooking up with this athlete guy, I was looking forward to a slow burn relationship with Mark Derwin's character. I'm glad Peter finally suffered some real consequences for what he did to Sophie...I was cheering when his wife walked out on him. BTW, I LOVED the way they filmed the way Gary and Christopher each confessed what they did...with Christopher's audio playing over the video of Gary confessing to Sophie. I guess I understand Sophie's anger, but Gary's heart was in the right place. He did a very wrong thing for the right reason. Shanese has got Katherine's head all messed up and even though I think she might be feeling something for Shanese, Katherine's still going to fight it with very fiber of her being. That was very sweet what Eddie did...he's a much better person than I. And I wonder why they felt Gina had to be out of town while Rome gets into trouble with Paragon Plus?