gold prospector father is killed, daughter seeks revenge on killers

Tools    

I watched this movie in the 90's, and from what I remember is was at least 15-20 years old by then. I was a kid, so my memory might be off some, and I only remember pieces. Set in 1800's. Movie starts that a wagon rolls into town, and a bunch of men are unloading it. The driver comes to help and "his" hat is knocked off, revealing long locks. It's a girl! she turns around and sees a man watching and they both go for their guns. Not sure if he dies, but she is shot, and they take her to Dr. where she is telling her story. Her dad brought her to his cabin. I think he was a prospector. They had to cross a river on a raft, and her trunks fell off. She had to make soap in a huge kettle over a fire, and some Native Americans (that were friends of her fathers but she didn't know that) came and thought it was soup and wanted to eat some. Since they couldn't speak the same language, she finally gave in and they tried to eat some, but ended up spitting it all out. Thought she was a terrible cook, and her dad thought it was hilarious. Somehow her dad died/was killed, and the killers moved into the cabin. She was trying to get revenge, and set a bear trap outside the door and one of them stepped in it. The man she shot at the beginning was one of the killers.

I did just think about it that it could've been a husband and wife instead of father and daughter. I was pretty young when I saw it, so I could've gotten that wrong.

True Grit (1969).
No, its not True Grit. I've checked that out several times just to make sure.