MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

It was a good one, but i didnt play Gronk, it couldve been 25 points more if I had. Definitely looking like ill be going with 2 tight ends going forward this year. Yay

A system of cells interlinked
Glad my RB2 didn't get a goose egg last night. Oh wait, he got NEGATIVE POINTS.

Ahem...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The trick is not minding
I knew I’d be trailing at the end of the first game, with Tongo having 3 players scheduled and all, but 87 points?!

I still have 8 players to his 6 for the remaining games, but I already face an uphill battle being down 52 points. And he still has Kelce, who’s always a threat for 20 points.

I love waking up Friday morning, seeing all the points scored on Thursday night and thinking sweet! Got me some points! only to find out the guy you started is the only big time player who sucked Thursday night.

I'm glad he's out. It seemingly activated 2 of my players after he left.

The trick is not minding
Totally didn’t see Jameis “30 interceptions” Winston outplaying Rodgers.
Good game Tongo, you drafted really well, and though it is just 1 game, it looks legit.

See you in week 12.

I'm a big fan of sitting on the sidelines and interpreting body language. Aaron Rodgers looked like A guy who didn't want to be there. And why is that? Did he not say he didn't want to play for the packers? When did he supposedly change his mind? I'd be pretty bummed if I was a packers fan. What a mess.

I'm a big fan of sitting on the sidelines and interpreting body language. Aaron Rodgers looked like A guy who didn't want to be there. And why is that? Did he not say he didn't want to play for the packers? When did he supposedly change his mind? I'd be pretty bummed if I was a packers fan. What a mess.

Probably because they were down 38-3 and he got benched. If he didn't want to play for the Packers he didn't have to.

I expect Aaron Rogers will wake up next week versus the Lions. Since I have Davante Adams I certainly hope so!

Even if I had played Deebo Samuel instead of Raheem Mostert (and I flipped those two in and out of my lineup for the past two weeks) and not left Deebo's 27.40 points on the bench, I was still probably gonna lose this week. If Josh Jacobs is a gametime scratch tonight for PW, and apparently he has a non-COVID illness that is making that a possibility, Lamar Jackson would have to put up 45 points for me to eek out the win. Possible. Unlikely.

Oh, well. At least I didn't have any season-ending injuries this week. Jerry Jeudy's looked more serious but is only a high ankle sprain that should have him back in a month or so. Mostert...who knows? I have enough depth to cover them being out for a spell. And Ryan Fitzpatrick is only my back up QB so as long as he is healthy to go against Denver in Week Eight (Halloween!) when Lamar has a BYE I am good.

For now.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
As everyone knows, I am a Pats fan first. Alas, I am also a Packers fan, and this weekend's game was painful to behold. The Pats also lost, but they are running a rookie QB, and that was a damned good game. The Pack? What a mess, indeed...

I did win in my other league. And it was slightly ironic.

I don't know if we discussed it here before the season started, but Yahoo added a new scoring option for kickers. In my league it was hotly debated. Yahoo made it possible to give kickers the same sort of per-yard scoring as say a wide receiver, earning 0.10 points for every yard. This means if a 50-yard FG is hit you get the 3 points PLUS another 5. Eight points seems nuts to me. We previously had it set up like this league where any FG up to 39-yards is 3 points, 40-49 is four points, and 50+ is 5. To me that was fair and more than enough. I argued against the yardage. It takes a chip shot 23-yarder and turns it into 5.3 points, which I think is ridiculous. But I lost that fight. So we are trying it this year. We took the other governor off so you don't get 5-points for a 50+ yarder AND the yardage on top of it, which would have led to long kicks being worth much more than most TDs. But even so.

In Week One I played one of the guys who was rabidly in favor of adding these yardage points to the Field Goals. Before the Sunday Night game started all of his players were done and I had one remaining: Matt Gay, the Rams' kicker. He had a six-point lead. Six points out of a kicker in our league is not a lot to ask for but under the new scoring it is a laughable breeze. When Gay hit his 53-yarder in the second quarter, equaling 8.3 points (which I still say is frickin' ridiculous), that put me ahead for good. Gay finished with 17.50 points for me. Versus the 12 points he earned in this league. We have already had three kickers score over 20-points this first week and Justin Tucker is kicking in a dome tonight.

Anyway, I sarcastically thanked him for fighting so hard for the additional points.

Yeah, that's pretty dumb.

There are some kicker tweaks that are interesting, like losing points for a miss. I kinda like that. But the yardage bonus seems nutty. If it's going to exist it should be instead of the default three, as well.

Yeah, I argued for that, to have just the yardage but take away the 3 for the kick itself. They balked.

In my league we have always had it that your kicker gets a -2 if they miss any FG under 20 yards (not counting blocks) and -1 for misses up to 39. No penalty for missing long kicks, of course. Nor PATs.

That seemed fair to me. But they wanted to tinker, so here we are. I hope this experiment only lasts us this season.

The trick is not minding
Also, shout out to my bench who performed very well.

Smith and Jones Jr should produce similar numbers throughout the year, and probably will rotate into that flex position here and there along with Higgins.

Gordon did well, though most of his yardage came from ripping off a 70 yd TD run. I’m hoping he can continue to fight off Williams and get the bulk of the touches next week against Jax.

Hoping to bounce back from this week, which was disappointing, but not a lot you can do when your opponent scores over 160 points