Movie Forums Top 100 of the Aughts (the 00s) - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

If you're getting impatient waiting for some 00s movies try some 00s TV: https://www.my00stv.com/
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

If you're getting impatient waiting for some 00s movies try some 00s TV: https://www.my00stv.com/
Nice!

The Coen Brothers are a bit late. Apparently they got lost, but here you can see some bum giving them directions.

The brothers have a couple of eligible films:
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  • The Man Who Wasn't There
  • Intolerable Cruelty
  • The Ladykillers
  • No Country for Old Men
  • Burn After Reading
  • A Serious Man

Will they arrive in time to pick up something, or just to pick hors d'oeuvres?

I may or may not have voted for a couple of those
I think it's not an actual spoiler to say that a bunch of people voted for a bunch of those. How did the vote split is the thing; especially when a few people have the "one film per director" rule.

Look who just got to the red carpet...

C'mon, Denzel. Get inside, man. We're out of time! This is no training day.

Just wanted to inform you that our security team grabbed director Christopher Nolan vandalizing the MoFo auditorium/school gymnasium.

Fortunately, security nabbed him and threw him away. We ain't having none of those shenanigans, people.

We also sent numerous invitations to Daniel Day-Lewis, but he never replied. Our sources inform us that he's quite busy at the moment...

For what it's worth, Day-Lewis has four eligible films:

• Gangs of New York
  • The Ballad of Jack and Rose
  • There Will Be Blood
  • Nine

Bong Joon-ho just wants to get drunk at the after-party...

However, he has four eligible films:

• Barking Dogs Never Bite
  • Memories of Murder
  • The Host
  • Mother

Will he drink his way to victory, or drown his sorrows in alcohol?

This is Béla Tarr right after we told him that Minio didn't vote

Tarr has two eligible films:

• Werckmeister Harmonies
  • The Man from London

Yeah, The Room is funny and all, but genuinely making the top 100 list? That's a bit too much.

Friday the 13th 2 and 3 made the top 100 horror, and those are two pretty damn bad sequels.

Also, 4th is the best of them, excluding Freddy Vs. Jason.