The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I'll still vouch for the first Bad Boys film and The Rock as pretty solid. Bad Boys, in particular, had some solid female characters such as Theresa Burnett and Sinclair (something Bay films hasn't had for a while) that held their own with the men. Plus, I dug the spin that Tea Leoni gave to her character. In lesser hands, we probably would have gotten a romance between her and Mike Lowry.
Yes, I think they are solid. And his work is better when he’s constrained by budget. Or when it’s a commercial. I mean, he gets ticket sales churning so I’ll give him that.

Those two movies got him that deal with Disney and he got bankrolled.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've only seen a few of Wes Anderson's movies, but they've been a bit too quirky for me. I watched The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou for this countdown, mainly because of Bill Murray. Like the other Wes Anderson movies, it's too quirky for my taste, so it didn't make my list, but it's a fun movie that was worth watching.

I watched Werckmeister Harmonies for the Foreign Language Movies countdown. I found it to be too confusing, and just not my type of movie.

I've known you all my life
You care for me all along
I want to love you like a wife
You protect me if I do wrong

We're gonna drive together
From south beach to west sun
We're gonna dance together
Or you're gonna dance alone

The first is Mother (the Korean one), but not sure of the second.

Loved both Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, but neither made my list. Still, two very worthy entries. Haven't seen the others. Nice graphics, @Thief!

I remember liking Life Aquatic a lot when I first saw it but its been years and I've soured on Anderson's stuff since then so who knows if it holds up. Can't believe I still haven't seen anything by Bela Tarr.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
65 points for #100 is a very high step. Initially, I thought it will be about 30-35 pts for that level.
I guess, it means that we have considerable overlap of the lists.

Since we've had a couple of ties, I found this well-written explanation on our previous Foreign Film countdown, courtesy of @Thursday Next

In case anyone is wondering about how the ties are broken when two (or more!) films have the same number of points, it first goes on the number of lists, the one on more lists goes higher. If they are on the same number of lists, it goes to which placed highest on an individual list.

A system of cells interlinked

Second one could be Almost Famous...

No clue on the first.

@Chypmunk, you're inbox is full
Lies, lies and damned lies!

(sorry, cleared some out)

Some info about our #100, Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World...
If Master and Commander is #100, I can't wait to see what the other 99 fantastic films are-- obviously the majority of which I've missed...

The truth is in here
There are some films that if they don't appear I will drag everyone's bodies on the ground and curbstomp their heads to piles of mush.

But of course it's only a game

There are some films that if they don't appear I will drag everyone's bodies on the ground and curbstomp their heads to piles of mush.

American History X is 1998, dude.

Why yes, Corky Romano was on my list. It was number 1, in fact.
<begins barricading house immediately>

I find Life Aquatic to an underrated Wes flick. I really loved it when I saw it. I’ve only seen it once though, so perhaps I will have another view on it with a rewatch. But I really enjoyed it the first time around…

Still haven’t seen Werckmeister Harmonies but it’s on the watchlist.

Idk why buy i thought of the fountain fir the first hint,
For the second i picturized dance alone scene in almostvfamous but y tu mama is fitting as well, i guess