The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Remember the Titans as a one pointer is a shame. Real good.

Remember the Titans almost made my list, but I ran out of time before I could rewatch it. It might have made it if I had found the time to rewatch it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watched Still Walking for the Foreign Language Movies Countdown, and even though it didn't make my final Top 25 list, I liked it enough to consider it for my list for that countdown.

I tried watching Master and Commander several times for this countdown, but I just couldn't seem to get into it, and I eventually just gave up.

I haven't seen The New World.

It's been many years since I watched Surf's Up, but I remember liking it. I probably should have rewatched it for this countdown, but it wasn't likely to make my list anyway. There are other animated movies that I know I like more than it that I couldn't find room for on my list.

Surf's Up was pretty good, but I only watched it to hear James Eoods' sleazy delivery. I watch bad movies pretty often, but Iwill easily watch the worst of the worst if James Woods is merely talking.

Just finished Master. Slow first act, good second and third, needs more character development but the action's Emmerichian in it's atmosphere.

79/100

Great start, it's looking good, props to @Thief and yoda for putting this together.

From the one-pointers I've seen, I really like:

A Bittersweet Life
Remember the Titans
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
Surf's Up
National Treasure
This Is England

Most of them are on my 00's list somewhere between 70 and 110. Remember The Titans was on my ballot at one time but didn't make my ballot this time.

First time I saw The New World I fell asleep, it took a re-watch for me to fully appreciate it, had it at #21 initially but after some ballot rearranging I replaced it with;

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World was my #10.

Predictions:
98: Kung Fu Hustle
97: The Lives of Others

You ready? You look ready.
I just looked over the one pointers list: National Treasure.

Y'all can blame me for that one
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Reminds me of this silly thing I made for a video game community I'm in (one of the missions in the game is Swap the Statue):

I've seen both of those, but they weren'T on my list.

I have practically no memory of master and commander, I must have seen it 6 or 7 years ago. So I don't have much to say about it.

I remember liking The New World a lot when I saw it a couple years ago, I might have considered it for my list if I rewatched it recently. I have a strong memory of Colin Farrell's acting which is very raw. I'd like to rewatch this film!

Also answers to Jabba
The Salton Sea was my one pointer. I remember being very pleasantly surprised when I saw it, expecting something aggressively mediocre.

Just wanted to say that @Thief is crushing it.

(I won't confirm nor deny that the man in the picture is actually me)

Y'all can blame me for that one
To be honest, I wouldn't have minded to see that one sneak in the 80s or 90s. I think it's a genuinely fun film.

You ready? You look ready.
To be honest, I wouldn't have minded to see that one sneak in the 80s or 90s. I think it's a genuinely fun film.
Right? It's a great family film, and it's one of those movies that works great as noise in the background at family gatherings. Anything to keep everyone from murdering each other, amirite?

I almost picked Sahara, but I ultimately thought that National Treasure was a better throw away vote.

Good guess.

Beyond the Sea was my 1-pointer. It wasn't strategically placed there. It just happened to end up there when I ranked my list. In addition to the movie having some great songs, I thought Kevin Spacey was great as Bobby Darin.
I remember we talked about it after I reviewed it. I had it initially on my list but had to cut it to make room for something else. Glad to see someone though of it.

Right? It's a great family film, and it's one of those movies that works great as noise in the background at family gatherings. Anything to keep everyone from murdering each other, amirite?

I almost picked Sahara, but I ultimately thought that National Treasure was a better throw away vote.
Sahara is another one I had no issues with. Caught it a while ago on cable and had a lot of fun with it.

Anyway, speaking of me "crushing it", here comes ROOKIE MISTAKE #1

The entry that I will post now as #98 is actually #99. The thing is that both were tied in points, but I missed that one was in more ballots than the other, which would've put it above the other.

Anyway, even though it really doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, I apologize for any inconvenience. I already double-checked and triple-checked all the ties, all of which are in the backend 50, so I expect no more slip-ups.

In the meantime, both entries will appear in their "wrong" position for now while we make some fixes backstage.

66 points, 4 lists
The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
Director

Wes Anderson, 2004

Starring

Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Cate Blanchett, Anjelica Huston

67 points, 6 lists
Werckmeister Harmonies
Director

Ágnes Hranitzky, 2000

Starring

Lars Rudolph, Peter Fitz, Hanna Schygulla, Alfréd Járai