police man run after criminal.

Tools    

This is a film from 70s, maby 80s.

There is really only one scene i remember. But it has been building up to this scene through the whole film.
The scenery is from a poor part of a big city. Open concrete fields, some beat down buildings etc.

The policeman/detective has been trying to catch a small crook/drugdealer some times through the film. But the drugdealer is much faster than him.

In the scene i remember, the detective and the drugdealer has a final showdown, where i am pretty sure the detective catch him.

The element that i remember as most important is how fast this drug dealer is. It is most likely a pretty young person.

Somewhy reminds me of Dick Tracy!

I can remember he run to catch a young man I think it was a kid... and the kid was way faster than him!

Maybe deathwish 2 ? There’s a criminal that he chases that is real fast

Maybe deathwish 2 ? There’s a criminal that he chases that is real fast
Thank you for your reply Balboa.
I saw Deathwish 1-3 under a year ago. It is not that film. It is a very vague memory, and the only thing i remember from the film.

The thing is the detective/policeman has tried to catch him several times during the film. And everytime the drug dealer runs from him.

The thing is the detective/policeman has tried to catch him several times during the film. And everytime the drug dealer runs from him.
Is that the main point of the film, or is the detective chasing the criminal like a running joke (like the swan in Hot Fuzz)?

Is that the main point of the film, or is the detective chasing the criminal like a running joke (like the swan in Hot Fuzz)?
It is not the main plot of the film, i am pretty sure. It is not a comedy style film. It is like a side story. He sort of get vindication by catching this young fast man. Probably in a stakeout scenario that will occur a couple of times in the film.

But there are a few films i know of with similar scenes/plot. Like Intermission ( Colm Meaney). But i saw this film around late 80s.

The comedy, Stakeout, does have a side plot where the two detectives trying to get a low level drug dealer. He's at the beginning where he gets away. They do 'catch' him at the end when he meets up with the main bad guy.

The comedy, Stakeout, does have a side plot where the two detectives trying to get a low level drug dealer. He's at the beginning where he gets away. They do 'catch' him at the end when he meets up with the main bad guy.

Thank you OHForums. Unfortunately it is not that film. There is a good possibility the movie i have seen is a B-type of film. It has at least not showed up in any detective/crime films so far.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
'

o hai takoma

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Is the detective trying to capture the drug dealer the main plot or a subplot? If a subplot, do you know what's the main plot?

Is the detective trying to capture the drug dealer the main plot or a subplot? If a subplot, do you know what's the main plot?
Subplot. I do not know the main plot, sorry.

Sure it's not Charnier, from The French Connection ? He's... not particularly young.
I had to check it out to be sure. Because it could very well be from the 70s. But it is not from that film. Thank you for the suggestion.
I did manage to collect a semi interesting coffee picture with Gene Hackman.