The Marathon Man (1976)

→ in
Tools    

We meet babe, (dustin hoffman) ,who has all sorts of frustrations bottled up inside. Babe's brother (Roy Scheider) works for the government, for a sort of shadowy agency that handles the dirty jobs the CIA and the FBI won't touch. One day he gets killed. A man claiming to be one of the brother's fellow operatives comes to Babe and says he needs help in setting a trap.
He s involved in An Intrigue that involves a former Nazi named Szell, a former Nazi Killer during the war who has a relationship with the secret US agency, or at least at various points we're told he does, and he s afraid of someone stealing his diamonds.
roy scheider is great here although he s of secondary role here, dustin hoffman looks great when he s vulnerable, that s how great an actor he is, the direction is downright superb here, the 2h 12 min film never sizzles with excitement and intrigue, you feel like u live in new york city, that s the beauty of these 70s and 80s films, they brim with quality and immersion.
all in all, i really enjoyed this one and a big recommendation to whom who haven t seen it.

Amazing film. One of Dustin Hoffman's best!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

A system of cells interlinked
Fantastic stuff. One of my favorite Hoffman films.

We meet babe, (dustin hoffman) ,who has all sorts of frustrations bottled up inside. Babe's brother (Roy Scheider) works for the government, for a sort of shadowy agency that handles the dirty jobs the CIA and the FBI won't touch. One day he gets killed. A man claiming to be one of the brother's fellow operatives comes to Babe and says he needs help in setting a trap.
He s involved in An Intrigue that involves a former Nazi named Szell, a former Nazi Killer during the war who has a relationship with the secret US agency, or at least at various points we're told he does, and he s afraid of someone stealing his diamonds.
roy scheider is great here although he s of secondary role here, dustin hoffman looks great when he s vulnerable, that s how great an actor he is, the direction is downright superb here, the 2h 12 min film never sizzles with excitement and intrigue, you feel like u live in new york city, that s the beauty of these 70s and 80s films, they brim with quality and immersion.
all in all, i really enjoyed this one and a big recommendation to whom who haven t seen it.
LOVE this movie---one of Hoffman's best performances and Olivier is bone-chilling