Is Hollywood afraid of the female form nowadays?

Tools    

Weird is relative.
Ok, so I love Salma Hayek... but her body doesn't look "natural" at all. She's skinny with a huge chest.

I wish people would stop judging women according to this "plastic surgery" standard. The majority of slim women also have small chests. That's the way nature designed us, deal with it and don't complain.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, in my observation I'd say about at least 30 percent are more voluptuous.

Weird is relative.
I don't see that very often unless it's clear the woman is heavier looking than your average supermodel... nothing wrong with that, of course, and if you're saying that "thicker" women should be casted, then sure, why not. Doesn't matter to me if they're still pretty, haha.

Yeah true the woman usually has a more heavier appearance usually, but I find that in James Bond though, the woman were more voluptuous in the older ones, unless they just stuffed their clothing or something like that?

This thread would be more on point, and I actually thought the same thing during the terrible Keira Knightly's glory days..
But nowadays I see voluptuous and chubby are (coming) back especially in tv land..

Weird is relative.
C'mon. Keira Knightley is beautiful. Both on screen and in real life (I've seen her).

It's definitely not her fault if she was so skinny people accused her of being anorexic, which she wasn't. That's just genetics.

It's fine if someone has a preference for heavier or curvier women, though. I do like slender girls but chubbier types are attractive to me too if they have a nice figure.

I don't mean nudity, it's just lately it seems in movies, that actresses are being chosen more of they are very skinny and not voluptuous at all, compared to older movies.

The Bond women seem more skinny and flat now compared to before it seems. I was watching Desperado, and noticed how voluptuous Salma Hayek was and was thinking, you never see a female character in movies today, that looks that voluptuous in the body.

But that's just a couple of examples, and there are others, I'm seeing. It's almost as if Hollywood is afraid or ashamed of a woman having womanly features that stick out so they feel they have to either conceal it more, or just hire skinnier actresses.

Not sure if this is going on with the male form as well, but I haven't noticed a change there, just the female form it seems. I mean as far as male action stars, go, you could argue they are not as muscular as before for example, but not sure if this is part of the same trend. It seems to be happening a lot more with Hollywood being not comfortable with the female body as much as before.

Unless I'm wrong?
Gemma Arterton did say once that Hollywood didn't know what to do with her. I'm also thinking of Jennifer Lawrence and how she slimmed down over time.

But Jennifer Lawrence was a big star after the first Hunger Games, so did she have to slim down for Hollywood to accept her, if that was the case?

But Jennifer Lawrence was a big star after the first Hunger Games, so did she have to slim down for Hollywood to accept her, if that was the case?
It's a good question. I'm just thinking of the times she was a bit more curvy early on, especially something like House at the End of the Street.

Weird is relative.
I did think it was pretty sad that Jennifer Lawrence was being "fat-shamed" because she wasn't at all.

Taylor Swift, who was always slender, lost weight until she was rail-thin, but now it seems she has been intentionally gaining a few pounds. Good for her, she looks healthy.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I wouldnt agree with you about his car, he was still supposed to have it in the original - sequel - version of Fury Road.
But...
You already said this. In that other thread. In another life. I think you meant to mention Gattaca and the likelihood of UTIs when stock-piling fluids like that.

*leaves a bit of food on the ground*

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The Adventure Starts Here!
But...
You already said this. In that other thread. In another life. I think you meant to mention Gattaca and the likelihood of UTIs when stock-piling fluids like that.

*leaves a bit of food on the ground*
How did this reply get into this [wrong] thread?

Weird is relative.
The "I reject your hypothesis" part?

Movies with "skinny and flat" women. You say there's no "voluptuous" women in Hollywood anymore. I haven't noticed any such trend. So name popular movies that you think demonstrate that Hollywood is "afraid of the female form."

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019):

Yeah the new Terminator seems like an example so far.