The 2nd Science Fiction Hall of Fame

Tools    

All Hail the Big Green Alien Head
That's no way to talk about your esteemed Host imo

(sorry, looks like I just ruined the beautifully set-up pagination for the reveal - All Hail the Big Pink Richard Head )

When's the reveal happening?
Sorry, I forgot to post an update before I headed off last night. It was a long day, and I just wanted to go to bed haha.

Most people commented that it didn't matter when I did the reveal, since not many people would be here in the morning anyway. I said that any new members unofficially had until 5am Eastern to get their nominations in, since that's around when I'd be ready to post them.

So sometime in the next 15-30 minutes.

(sorry, looks like I just ruined the beautifully set-up pagination for the reveal - All Hail the Big Pink Richard Head )

In all seriousness though, the set-up was entirely coincidental and I might not have noticed had you not brought it up. Also I would've just ruined it myself haha.

Attention all crew members, this is your Captain speaking. The Second Science Fiction Hall of Fame is about to take flight. We had a slight delay due to maintenance being done at the control tower, but we're ready to go now. Please enjoy your stay on board, and if you have any questions about our mission parameters, feel free to ask.

@ahwell @Citizen Rules @edarsenal @John-Connor @Nathaniel @Okay @pahaK @rauldc14 @ScarletLion @Siddon @Yam12

Forbidden Planet (1956)
Directed By: Fred M. Wilcox
Nominated By: Siddon
Runtime: 98 min

~*~

Robinson Crusoe on Mars (1964)
Directed By: Byron Haskin
Nominated By: Citizen Rules
Runtime: 110 min

~*~

Seconds (1966)
Directed By: John Frankenheimer
Nominated By: Nathaniel
Runtime: 107 min

~*~

Liquid Sky (1982)
Directed By: Slava Tsukerman
Nominated By: pahaK
Runtime: 112 min

~*~
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-forbidden.jpg
Views:	1214
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	53814   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-crusoe.jpg
Views:	1271
Size:	339.3 KB
ID:	53815   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-seconds.jpg
Views:	1196
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	53816   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-liquid.jpg
Views:	1077
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	53817  

Videodrome (1983)
Directed By: David Cronenber
Nominated By: Yam12
Runtime: 89 min

~*~

Aliens (1986)
Directed By: James Cameron
Nominated By: John-Connor
Runtime: 137 min

~*~

Gattaca (1997)
Directed By: Andrew Niccol
Nominated By: edarsenal
Runtime: 106 min

~*~

Minority Report (2002)
Directed By: Steven Spielberg
Nominated By: ahwell
Runtime: 145 min

~*~
Attachments

Name:	poster-videodrome.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	53818   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-aliens.jpg
Views:	1226
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	53819   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-gattaca.jpg
Views:	1320
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	53820   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-minority.jpg
Views:	1210
Size:	236.2 KB
ID:	53821  

Déjà Vu (2006)
Directed By: Tony Scott
Nominated By: rauldc14
Runtime: 126 min

~*~

Timecrimes / Los Cronocrímenes (2007)
Directed By: Nacho Vigalondo
Nominated By: ScarletLion
Runtime: 92 min

~*~

Coherence (2013)
Directed By: James Ward Byrkit
Nominated By: Okay
Runtime: 88 min

~*~

Turbo Kid (2015)
Directed By: François Simard, Anouk Whissell, Yoann-Karl Whissell
Nominated By: CosmicRunaway
Runtime: 95 min

~*~
Attachments

Name:	poster-deja.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	53822   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-timecrimes.jpg
Views:	1343
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	53823   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-coherence.jpg
Views:	1221
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	53824   Click image for larger version

Name:	poster-turbo.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	53825  

Excellent stuff CosmicR. Some absolutely amazing noms there. Can't wait to get started. I'm especially pleased 'Seconds' is nominated as I've been meaning to see it for years. Also looking forward to trying not to laugh at Leslie Nielsen in 'Forbidden Planet'.

I keep seeing the end of this film and it's a right laugh, which you would expect with Michael Ironside . Oh and Laurence Leboeuf is gorgeous.

Also looking forward to trying not to laugh at Leslie Nielsen in 'Forbidden Planet'.
You'll succeed — he's awesome . He's like the prototype Star Trek captain.

By the way, my nomination 'Time Crimes' can sometimes be hard to find - so if anybody wants a 720p verison - DM me and I will be able to provide a direct download link.

Great unexpected nominations, a lot of them are already personal favorites..

Can't wait to get started. I'm especially pleased 'Seconds' is nominated as I've been meaning to see it for years.
^ precisely this ^ .. watching Seconds tonight..

The opening posts have now been updated with the nominations,
as well as the HoF's deadline, which is currently set to
July 27th, 2019.

Excellent stuff CosmicR. Some absolutely amazing noms there. Can't wait to get started. I'm especially pleased 'Seconds' is nominated as I've been meaning to see it for years. Also looking forward to trying not to laugh at Leslie Nielsen in 'Forbidden Planet'.
Yeah, I'm definitely happy with the nominations. A lot of films I already like, plus the ones I haven't seen have were all on my watch list anyway. I'm excited to get started!

I keep seeing the end of this film and it's a right laugh, which you would expect with Michael Ironside . Oh and Laurence Leboeuf is gorgeous.
Michael Ironside always seems like he's having fun in these types of films, so he's always a pleasure to watch.

Okay, time for the initial impressions.

I've seen Forbidden Planet ages ago. I don't think I liked it that much but honestly I barely remember it so I may be completely wrong. I haven't seen Robinson Crusoe on Mars or Seconds. Liquid Sky (my own nomination) I originally saw as a kid from rental VHS. Don't remember how I felt about it back then but at least I never forgot it. Seen it twice afterwards and it's kinda weird and some of the acting is bad (or did they go Lanthimos back in 1982?) but it's oddly fascinating movie that I like.

Videodrome is my second favorite Cronenberg (after Shivers). Its social commentary is surprisingly relevant even today and it has nice body horror concepts. Aliens... well, anyone who's read my posts in here knows that it's most likely going to be my #1 on the voting (I haven't watched it 30+ times to torture myself). I don't adore it as much as I used to but it's still extremely solid. Gattaca I watched when it was new and at least then I didn't like it that much. I've been meaning to give it another chance though so it's kinda welcome nomination. Minority Report is in the same boat except I remember liking it a bit more.

Déjà Vu I've seen too but don't remember much except the concept and a scene or two. Most likely it was pretty meh. Timecrimes is totally unknown film to me but based on the name it's a good companion piece to Minority Report. With Coherence I've at least heard the name before but haven't seen it either. I don't know what to think about Turbo Kid but I expect to hate it.

I've seen Forbidden Planet ages ago. I don't think I liked it that much but honestly I barely remember it so I may be completely wrong.
One of my favourite films and I must get the Blu-ray. The thing that strikes me most about it is the design, which I think is up there with David Lynch's Dune in terms of world-building. The uniforms, the technology – everything's believable and functional.

Gattaca I watched when it was new and at least then I didn't like it that much.
The first time I watched it I got about twenty minutes in and it depressed me so much I couldn't go any further . Thankfully on another attempt I watched the whole film and it is very good.