FOLLYWOOD - Not another Teen Movie, Vanilla Sky

Tools    

11... it's my favourite number. bigvalbowski races to the top of the charts for the first time. Ocean's 11 managed to gross a gazillion dollars, and yet I'm still a million short of TWTCommish. Damn you Harry Potter. Damn You to Hell!

Iiiiitttt'ssss Follywood.

1. Ocean's Eleven, $39 million - ME! ME!! YES!! (cough) I mean... bigvalbowski... be professional now.
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, $14 million - TWTCommish
3. Behind Enemy Lines, $8 million - bigvalbowski
4. Monsters, Inc., $6 million - TWTCommish
5. Spy Game, $4 million - TWTCommish
6. Black Knight, $3 million - spudracer
7. Shallow Hal, $2 million - bigvalbowski
8. Out Cold, $1 million - bigvalbowski
9. Amelie, $1 million - Holden Pike
10. Domestic Disturbance, $1m. - bigvalbowski

TWTCommish had $315m, spent $0m and earned $24m, leaving him with $339m. You know that taste in your mouth T, well that's sour grapes. Get used to it baby!

spudracer had $75m, spent $0m and earned $3m, leaving him with $78m. If you don't want to play spud, just say so.

bigvalbowski had $43m, spent $35m and earned $51m, leaving him with $59m. Oh Julia Roberts, I could kiss you.

Here's the standings:

1. TWTCommish - $339m
2. spudracer - $78m
3. bigvalbowski - $59m
4. Holden Pike - $2m

Newbies, that includes Mr. Pike, get $20m. That's real cash by the way.

Not another Teen Movie Liars!

Distributor: Columbia Pictures
MPAA Rating: R (for strong crude sexual content and humor, language and some drug content)
Cast: Joy Bisco (Ashley), Lacey Chabert (Amanda), Chris Evans (Jake), Joanna Garcia (Sandy Sue), Sam Huntington (Ox), Eric Jungmann (Ricky), Mia Kirshner (Catherine), Chyler Leigh (Janey), Ron Lester (Reggie Ray), Samm Levine, Cody McMains (Mitch), Eric Christian Olsen (Austin), Paul Gleason (Richard Vernon), Jaime Pressly (Priscilla), Randy Quaid (Mr. Briggs), Riley Smith (Les); see IMDb listing for more cast
Director: Joel Gallen (feature film debut; he recently directed two spoof shorts for the MTV Movie Awards: Sex and the Matrix and Being Tom Cruise)
Screenwriters: Buddy Johnson, Phil Beauman (cowriters of Scary Movie) (first draft); rewrites by Mike Bender (debut; wrote those MTV Movie Awards shorts), Adam Jay Epstein (debut), and Andrew Jacobson (debut)
Based upon: This is a spoof of the recent flurry of teen movies. Clueless predates this site, but I'll link to the other films this way: Ten Things I Hate About Clueless Road Trips When I Can't Hardly Wait to Be Kissed.
Premise: Officially, there have been no details about this spoof's plot, but if it borrows from the movies it spoofs in the same way that Scary Movie did, we might guess that it has something to do with high school boys and girls who are interested in dating each other, leading up to the big dance... (and there might also be a Road Trip as well).

Vanilla Sky - Starring the Cruizes

MPAA Rating: R (for sexuality and strong language)
Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Production Company: Cruise/Wagner Productions (company of Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner)
Cast: Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Johnny Galecki, Jason Lee, Kurt Russell (Dr. Curtis McCabe), Timothy Spall, Tilda Swinton, Noah Taylor, Alicia Witt
Cameo: Steven Spielberg (himself) (there will be other celebrity cameos as well)
Director: Cameron Crowe (Jerry Maguire, Say Anything..., Singles, Almost Famous)
Screenwriters: Cameron Crowe (Jerry Maguire, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Singles, Say Anything..., Almost Famous), Mateo Gil (cowriter of Thesis, Open Your Eyes)
Based upon: (9/23/00) If an anonymous source is correct, this film is the English-language remake of Open Your Eyes that Cruise bought the rights to in 1999. (9/26/00) Yes, Variety has confirmed my story, this film is indeed that remake.
Premise: (9/22/00) If my anonymous source is correct, and this is the remake of Open Your Eyes, Cruise would be playing a man who ends up in jail after a car crash (in which he's horribly scarred). If Cruz is reprising her role from the original, she would play a woman the man is in love with, though she is dating his best friend. Diaz is most likely in talks to play the man's ex-girlfriend. (9/26/00) Variety has confirmed that this is indeed the Open Your Eyes remake. Here's how they describe the plot (which is fairly on-the-mark: "a rich womanizer (Cruise) falls in love with his best friend's (Lee) girlfriend (Cruz). The next day, he is in a car with a previous -- and fiercely jealous -- conquest, who commits suicide by driving the car into a tree. The bachelor survives the crash, but with his face hideously disfigured. Soon, however, his luck seems to change completely: the friend's girl declares her love for him and the doctors are suddenly able to rebuild his face. However, when strange and horrible things begin to happen, he starts to realize that his life has taken on a turn beyond his control."

The lines close in 24 hours.

Let's get biz-ay.

$10m for Vanilla Sky

$1m for Not Another Teen Movie

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
5 mil on Teen Movie
15 on Vanilla Sky
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Vanilla Sky - $20m

WOW! I'm outta the race for Vanilla Sky! And here's why. Tom Cruise is public enemy no. 1 right now because of the divorce. Penelope Cruz has never drawn any money in America. And if a real crowd pleaser like Almost Famous can't make money, then I don't think a not-so-nice Cameron Crowe movie will have a chance.

Ocean's 11 will stay on top next week.

Vanilla Sky will be pushing to make it to $40m. But good luck to you chum...............p.

$6m on Not another Teen Movie. Like it or not, teenagers are horny and this is rated R.

$15 million on "Not Another Teen Movie."
$41 million on "Vanilla Sky."

I guess if I win both (may or may not happen...we'll see), I have to choose one?

Ahhhh... I think you two may have forgotten one of the rules. TWTCommish doesn't get to choose the movie if he wins both of them. He automatically takes the most expensive one. So... spudracer needn't have bid any higher than his $20m because TWTCommish is already secure, it seems, with Vanilla Sky.

Nice playing TWT.

By the way.... Not another Teen Movie = $40m Dollars. ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY!?!?

I don't remember that rule at all, my friend, but I'm too RICH to complain. And no, we're not crazy: you don't think it'll gross $40 million total? It doesn't need to make it back in the opening weekend, after all.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
That was a rule TWT....can only bid the highest on one movie.

NATM is the "Scary Movie" to the 2001 Holiday Season. It will gross something.

Results:

Vanilla Sky - $41m - TWTCommish
NATM - $30m - spudracer