Follywood - Heist & Shallow Hal

Tools    

Looks like TWTCommish trounced the competition. It's a race for second place this week.

Monsters Inc. - $63m - TWTCommish
The One - $20m - spdrcr
Domestic Disturbance - $14m - bigvalbowski
K-PAX -$10m - spdrcr
13 Ghosts - $7m - TWTCommish
Riding in Cars with Boys - $4m - Sunfrog
From Hell - $3m - TWTCommish
Bandits - $3m - TWTCommish

spdrcr had $44m, spent $15m and earned $30m leaving him with $57m

TWTCommish had $41m, spent $28m and earned $76m leaving him with $89m

Sunfrog had $35.5m, spent $0 and earned $4m leaving him with $39.5m

bigvalbowski had $17m, spent $5m and earned $14m leaving him with $26m

Current Standings

1. TWTCommish - $89m
2. spdrcr - $57m
3. sunfrog - $39.5m [is he still posting?]
4. bigvalbowski - $ 26m

Any new players will start on $20m

Up for auction this week...

Heist

MPAA Rating: R (for language and some violence)
Distributor: Warner Brothers
Production Company: Franchise Pictures
Cast: Gene Hackman, Danny DeVito, Ricky Jay, Delroy Lindo, Patti LuPone, Rebecca Pidgeon, Sam Rockwell, Jim Frangione
Director: David Mamet
Premise: This is the story of a gang of thieves who are planning on that "one big heist", in this case, a jewelry store. (Hackman plays the rival to the leader of the gang who's seeking to take over; Jones is in talks to play the leader of the gang; Rockwell plays a young cousin who is sent along with Hackman to ensure he doesn't cheat on the shares; Lindo plays Hackman's best friend).

Shallow Hal

MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for language and sexual content)
Distributor: 20th Century Fox
Cast: Jack Black (Hal), Gwyneth Paltrow (Rosemary Shanahan), Jason Alexander (Mauricio), Tony Robbins, Susan Ward (Jill), Zen Gesner, Laura Kightlinger, Rene Kirby, Sascha Knopf (Tanya), Joe Viterelli (Steve Shanahan)
Directors: Bobby and Peter Farrelly
Premise: When his father was on his deathbed, young Hal (Black) was told to only date the youngest, prettiest women. And so he does, and as he reaches middle-age, and he's only appreciated women for their surface. What a surprise then when he's hypnotized (by Tony Robbins) into only seeing women for their inner beauty. Soon, he meets a woman (Paltrow) who's quite obese, but he falls in love with her inner self... (Alexander plays Hal's best friend, another self-absorbed, womanizing guy; Ward plays one of Hal's stunning girlfriends)

24 hours from this post the auction will close.

Ready, Steady, Go!

Shallow Hal - $2m
Heist - $1m

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'm gonna say...

10mil on Shallow Hal
5mil on Heist(which doesn't look that good)
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Shallow Hal - $11m
Heist - $6m

Instead of raising the price on this to a whopping price it probably won't make, I'll just wait til the clock is almost up...

$11m on Heist...

has a David Mamet film ever come close to grossing $10m? (Gulp)

$26m on Shallow Hal

That's all I have so let's hope one of you guys don't sneak in and take it.

You were a minute too late I'm afraid, spdrcr. That was exhilariting. I'm worn out.

The post was made at 5.59pm. I posted at 5:57 with $26. You replied at 5:58 with $26 which didn't beat my post. You then upped your post to $27 but it was too late. The post says 6.00pm. Oh, btw, did you ever see that film starring Jason Biggs and Mena Suvari... I forget what it was called but it reminds me so much of you.

The bigvalbowski gets the big money maker this week costing him $26m.

TWTCommish gets Heist for $10m.

And spdrcr goes home empty-handed. Boo-hoo.

I believe you get "Heist" bigval. At $11m. You also get "Hal" -- good job. Sorry, Kent! BTW: this game is *loads* of fun. I'm really gonna try to make a real effort to turn it into something automated and official...perhaps with a prize at the end of each calendar year. 'Twoud be cool, no?

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spdrcr
BASTARD!!!!!

Sorry...I'm just a sore loser....LOL...Anyways, I guess I'll just have to wait til next week.
Damn it spud! I had 20 bucks riding on your @ss! Don't fail me next time or you're fish food! You hear me?! Fish food!

Originally posted by TWTCommish
I believe you get "Heist" bigval. At $11m. You also get "Hal" -- good job. Sorry, Kent! BTW: this game is *loads* of fun. I'm really gonna try to make a real effort to turn it into something automated and official...perhaps with a prize at the end of each calendar year. 'Twoud be cool, no?
Thought you could only carry one movie, with the highest bid??? Or am I mixing something up here???