Man getting stuck in a painting/mirror

Tools    

Hi there,

Many years ago, early 2000s I saw a movie about a man living in a small town with his family, he managed somehow to get stuck inside either a mirror, or a painting(I kind of remember a painting of forest landscapes).

He got out, and found out that he had been stuck for many years and his family had moved on. If I rememeber correctly, he tried to get back in touch with his (ex)wife and children but failed(at first, ofc).

He was homeless during the time he got back into the real world, and I believe the leading actor was african-american. It could be one of those lifetime/ABC-family tv-movies.

I've been searcing for this movie for years, without success. I hope one of you can help me!

Thanks.

It sounds interesting – I was hoping it was Three Cases of Murder (1955), which includes a similar idea, but unfortunately not.

Indeed, yes.

Yeah, the movie i'm thinking of is not that old. If I were to guess, I'd say somewhere around '94 - '01.

That does sound interesting. I would like to know what it is too.

The only movie that comes to my mind that had something similar was the movie The Witches (1990) and a lost little girl in a village one day appears in the family painting as a young girl and as they real people age so does the girl in the painting all the way until she is very old and then one day never shows up again.

That does sound interesting. I would like to know what it is too.

The only movie that comes to my mind that had something similar was the movie The Witches (1990) and a lost little girl in a village one day appears in the family painting as a young girl and as they real people age so does the girl in the painting all the way until she is very old and then one day never shows up again.
I had that in mind too – very scary, that. Doctor Who also did a nice riff on the idea with Fear Her, with people ending up in a child's drawings.