Your Favorite Actors Who's Careers Just Went Downhill

Tools    

F. Murray Abraham. He's been reduced to Blood Monkey.
Christopher Lloyd. Wasn't he in one of those direct-to-video dog movie sequels, like Beethoven's 7th?

F. Murray Abraham. He's been reduced to Blood Monkey.
Christopher Lloyd. Wasn't he in one of those direct-to-video dog movie sequels, like Beethoven's 7th?
Both are great. Lance Henriksen's another one where he doesn't turn his nose up at anything, low-budget or otherwise. I think Brad Dourif's the same. Eric Roberts has had a bit of a renaissance of late hasn't he ?

What happened to Nicholas Cage? He was in some summer blockbusters like Con Air and Gone in 60 seconds. Then he ends up in that Horrible rendition of Left Behind (2014)? Ouch the acting was so bad in that that the TV version with Kirk Cameron was far superior.

Whatever happened to Jared Rushton? The kid who played Billy on BIG (1988). He was in several films in the late 80's early 90's, like Overboard (1987) and Honey I Shrunk the Kids (1989), then he was gone.

Thinking of Honey I Shrunk the Kids, I read that Rick Moranis left show business because his wife died and he had always promised to be there for his kids, so he gave up acting to be home for them. That's admirable.

Adam Sandler....not much of an explanation needed

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Bruce Campbell. I thought he was really good in Evil Dead 2, and even as Elvis, even though I didn't like Bubba Ho-Tep as much, but he was so good in them I thought.

Did someone just say...

Brendan Fraser. Loved him in Encino Man, School Ties, Gods and Monsters, and With Honors, but just about everything else has been awful.
B R E N D A N F R A S E R ?
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

This might just do nobody any good.
So, Michael Fassbender, what’s happening?

Steve Jobs and then... X-Men: Apocalypse? Assassin’s Creed? Alien: Covenant? The Snowman? KUNG ******* FURY???

Eric Roberts has had a bit of a renaissance of late hasn't he ?
I mean, when you’re doing 100 movies a year something’s bound to stick, no?

Bruce Campbell. I thought he was really good in Evil Dead 2, and even as Elvis, even though I didn't like Bubba Ho-Tep as much, but he was so good in them I thought.
He was also in Tv series Brisco County Jr, Jack of all trades, and recently Ash vs the Evil dead which I think are all acclaimed cult classics.

Also he aparently played a major character in Burn notice

So, Michael Fassbender, what’s happening?

Steve Jobs and then... X-Men: Apocalypse? Assassin’s Creed? Alien: Covenant? The Snowman? KUNG ******* FURY???

Great shout. Fassbender is one of the best actors in Hollywood, but damn he has made poor decisions as of late.

Well it's just that apart from The Dark Knight and The Expendables I've only seen him in the odd more low-budget film.

I thought of Brendan Fraser, too. I also liked him in "Blast from the Past." But none of his more recent movies interested me. Can anyone recommend one? Adam Sandler was actually pretty good in "The Cobbler." It's a much different movie for him.

What happened to Nicholas Cage? He was in some summer blockbusters like Con Air and Gone in 60 seconds. Then he ends up in that Horrible rendition of Left Behind (2014)? Ouch the acting was so bad in that that the TV version with Kirk Cameron was far superior.

Whatever happened to Jared Rushton? The kid who played Billy on BIG (1988). He was in several films in the late 80's early 90's, like Overboard (1987) and Honey I Shrunk the Kids (1989), then he was gone.

Thinking of Honey I Shrunk the Kids, I read that Rick Moranis left show business because his wife died and he had always promised to be there for his kids, so he gave up acting to be home for them. That's admirable.

Cage has still got it, and pops up in good films every now and then. He's good when he wants to be. Like, Mandy, Joe, Mom & Dad (not a great film, but peak nutso Cage), and Bad Lieutenant. I think he says yes to everything because he quite literally needs the money, last I heard he was in a lot of debt for overspending. If I was an actor, and I needed the money, and I was still being offered lots of roles (even in **** films) I'd still take the pay check.

Assassination Nation- (3/4)
Mandy- (3.5/4)

Great shout. Fassbender is one of the best actors in Hollywood, but damn he has made poor decisions as of late.
To be fair The Snowman must have seemed like a good idea coming from the director of the excellent Tinker, Tailor, Solider, Spy.

One of the strangest ones for me was Michael Biehn, staring roles in two 80's action classics and unlike most of that era he did have serious chops yet his career ebbed away in the 90's.

Cage has still got it, and pops up in good films every now and then. He's good when he wants to be. Like, Mandy, Joe, Mom & Dad (not a great film, but peak nutso Cage), and Bad Lieutenant. I think he says yes to everything because he quite literally needs the money, last I heard he was in a lot of debt for overspending. If I was an actor, and I needed the money, and I was still being offered lots of roles (even in **** films) I'd still take the pay check.

I think "still got it" is a bit of a relative term. However, he does look to be busy if you look him up on IMDB, but he's certainly no box office draw like he used to be in the 90's and early 2000's. You're right though, I did read that he was up to his neck in debt because he was a financial fruit loop and buying up all kinds BS.