The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi?

Tools    

Maybe the force awaken within you, our last Jedi...
47.83%
11 votes
The Force Awakens (2015)
52.17%
12 votes
The Last Jedi (2017)
23 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm not sure if I interpreted something said in "The Force Awakens" as indicating the parents remembered by Rey were not her biological parents or if I allowed fans' theories in that area to cloud my memory. There is precedent in the Star Wars saga for surprise parentage and Rey exhibited a strong connection with the Force from the get-go so you can't really blame the fans.

But I always thought Luke, Leia and Vader being related was a little too coincidental, so I don't have a problem with her not being the daughter of anyone significant. The emphasis on her missing parents in both films seems a little strange, though.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
All I remember from TFA about her parents was that they were absent in a bid for quick backstory and perhaps sympathy for the character but wasn’t further explored other than that she was marking days down while she stayed on a planet as a scavenger. The mystery was never developed and really only became something of interest when the fans started with their theories attempting to add some depth to this depth lacking feature and typically it’s gone nowhere.

The Last Jedi is by far the WORST Star Wars movie ever made. I have never watched a Star Wars movie where I actually started to get bored and look at the clock. Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy did a major disservice to the franchise and because of that, it is no wonder the Han Solo movie bombed. I would rather watch the prequels, even with Jar Jar Binks, than that imposter of a movie trying to pose as Star Wars canon.

Welcome to the human race...
Did you not get bored and look at the clock with the prequels? Clones is particularly bad in that regard.

(also imagine if we included Holiday Special in our assessments because oh man)

The truth is in here
The Star Wars Holiday Special is one of my favorite unintentionally funny movies. It's so bizarre and full of nonsense that I really have to laugh at it.

Did you not get bored and look at the clock with the prequels? Clones is particularly bad in that regard.

No.

TFA. It's not great but at least it had a story

Rey! Now that you're here, we can ask you a few questions. Any truth to the idea that you were adopted by junk traders? If so, who are your real parents? And do you have any romantic interest in Ren? And how did you become so strong with the Force?

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
Neither, it's not real Star Wars because there is no George Lucas involved

Probably doesn't help Last Jedi's case that it contradicts your username too.
Not really, when I was creating my username it was just the first thing that popped in my head, I don't care who are Rey's parents as long as it's well written, which it wasn't in The Last Jedi