After last year's ceremony, there seemed to be a concerted effort by the Academy to keep this ceremony as drama free as possible and, for the most part, they succeeded. Jimmy Kimmel's return to hosting, of course, was not without mention of last year, but he managed to keep at it at a tolerable level. His opening monologue contained the expected shots and ran just a tad longer than need be, but after last year, i could forgive just about anything. As for the specifics:

BIGGEST AND BEST SUPRISE WIN: Jamie Lee Curtis' win for Best Supporting Actress. Pretty sure that she and Stephanie Hsu were going to split votes, paving the way for Angela Bassett, but this is not the first time this has happened. Robert De Niro won for The Godfather Part II even though Michael V Gazzo and Lee Strasberg were also nominated in his category. But like I said on the supporting actress thread, I do believe her win was more of a "Lifetime Achievement/Body of Work" award, akin to Al Pacino's win for Scent of a Woman. I was thrilled to see Curtis finally win an Oscar, but I must have to confess to being a little sad for Bassett, who was dressed like a winner.

MOST SHOCKING SHUT OUT: Not a single statue for The Banshees of Inisherin.

BEST ACCEPTANCE SPECCHES- Brendan Fraser, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huh Quan. Guillermo Del Toro, Paul Rogers (film editor winner for Everything); the composers of the Best Song winner from RRR

BIGGEST WASTE OF SCREENTIME- Elizabeth Banks and Kimmel and the cocaine bear

BEST PRESENTATION OF SONG NOMINEE- Lady GaGa stopped the show with her song from Top Gun Maverick

WORST PRESENTATION OF SONG NOMINEE- The song from Everything Everywhere All at Once...what the hell was that? David Byrne sounded like he was drunk.

MOST TASTELESS JOKE- Kimmel asking the audience to vote on whether or not Robert Blake should have been included in the In Memorium Segment. Just seemed to soon after Blake's death for that joke

BEST DRESSED- Michael B Jordan, Emily Blunt, Nicole Kidman, Dwayne Johnson (LOVED that pink jacket), Angela Bassett, Austin Butler, Kate Hudson, Zoe Saldana, Salma Hayek

WORST DRESSED: Melissa McCarthy, Jonathan Majors, Florence Pugh, Ariana DuBose, Janelle Monet, Zendaya, Riz Ahmed, Jennifer Connelly