Recommend me superhero series that don't suck

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
I am not a big fan of all the Marvel and DC material flooding the market right now, but I would like to try to broaden my horizons a bit. I started a tv watchlist for superhero shows that I want to see, but I am looking to expand it a bit. Right now I only have five shows written down:

- Batman (1966) [I've seen a bunch of episodes, and I love the cheesy era of Batman]
- Batman Beyond
- The Tick (animated)
- The Tick (live-action)
- Heroes (Dunno how I'll feel about this one, but I know it got a lot of hype around its first season)

I'm hoping to get some under-the-radar suggestions and maybe you can sell me on the high profile shows that are out now that I haven't really been interested in.

Here's what I like that would probably qualify for what I am talking about:

- Batman (1966) - I haven't seen most of it yet, but I like what I've seen
- One Punch Man
- Dragon Ball Z (dunno if it really counts.)
- Batman: The Animated Series
- Frisky Dingo

That's about it. I am probably going to try out more animated stuff than live-action for this, but I am hoping for something that surprises me.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
One Punch Man is hilarious.

There are lots of great Anime out there.

I am not a big fan of all the Marvel and DC material flooding the market right now, but I would like to try to broaden my horizons a bit. I started a tv watchlist for superhero shows that I want to see, but I am looking to expand it a bit. Right now I only have five shows written down:

- Batman (1966) [I've seen a bunch of episodes, and I love the cheesy era of Batman]
- Batman Beyond
- The Tick (animated)
- The Tick (live-action)
- Heroes (Dunno how I'll feel about this one, but I know it got a lot of hype around its first season)

I'm hoping to get some under-the-radar suggestions and maybe you can sell me on the high profile shows that are out now that I haven't really been interested in.
Young Justice was rather good. Justice League/Justice League Unlimited are also good.

- Batman Beyond
- The Tick (animated)
- The Tick (live-action)

If you liked the Batman 66 series, they just came out with an animated film voiced by the surviving cast based on the same batman.. (Even took a solid jab at Nolans Batman in it that made me laugh) Called "Return of the caped crusaders"

Heroes WAS great... for the first few episodes... great premise, interesting story, then all of a sudden it just really started to suck.

Won't say the character as that would be a spoiler, but this character died, then was brought back as a "twin".. then the twin was killed, then came back a third time as an unknown triplette. not even kidding.

Even if you're not into Marvel films, there's several Marvel based Netflix shows that are oustanding. Luke Cage and Daredevil come to mind, that are connected to the films but very loosely, you don't really need any prior knowledge of the films to follow along, just catch some nods to the bigger universe.

Whoa whoa whoa WHOA!

There is a superhero series which is Marvel, has character development, great acting, actual pacing to the storylines, and is ongoing.

JiraffeJustin my friend, I am glad to be giving you this news

Netflix Daredevil. Its gone on 2 seasons, and is mag-nif-e-cent!

No more impulsive action, hell he didnt even start wearing a costume till the season 1 final. Charlie Cox (played Owen on Boardwalk Empire) plays Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Vincent D'Onofrio plays the Kingpin, Deborah Ann Wohl is Karen Page, Jon Bernthal is The Punisher, and Rosario Dawson appears occasionally. Shes the nurse that has to fix him up, as DD isnt like alot of superheroes. He takes a beating, alot. When the fight scenes do come, theyre built up properly, and are top tier choreography.

Whoa whoa whoa WHOA!

There is a superhero series which is Marvel, has character development, great acting, actual pacing to the storylines, and is ongoing.

JiraffeJustin my friend, I am glad to be giving you this news

Netflix Daredevil. Its gone on 2 seasons, and is mag-nif-e-cent!

No more impulsive action, hell he didnt even start wearing a costume till the season 1 final. Charlie Cox (played Owen on Boardwalk Empire) plays Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Vincent D'Onofrio plays the Kingpin, Deborah Ann Wohl is Karen Page, Jon Bernthal is The Punisher, and Rosario Dawson appears occasionally. Shes the nurse that has to fix him up, as DD isnt like alot of superheroes. He takes a beating, alot. When the fight scenes do come, theyre built up properly, and are top tier choreography.
That one shot hallway fight scene is one of the best I've seen. realistic as hell, people don't just get knocked out and fall down, people getting back up getting back into the fight, by the end of it he is just thrashed...

Amazing show.

A system of cells interlinked
I concur. The fight scene on the stairs is also shot really well.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Know any good superhero anime you can recommend me?
define "superhero".

There is an Anime version of X-Men [never seen it].

There are also a lot of the "guy with powers fights evil" stuff.

If this fits your criteria, then I'll suggest you this:

http://www.ryuanime.tv/

I wrote up a long list of the shows that I am at least somewhat interested in for some reason or another:

- The Flash (2014)
- Arrow (2012)
- Batman (1966)
- Young Justice (2010)
- The Flash (1990)
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983)[?]
- Wonder Woman (1975)
- Ultimate Spider-Man (2012)
- Justice League (2001)
- Teen Titans (2003)
- Spider-Man (1994)
- The Batman (2004)
- X-Men (1992)
- The Lone Ranger (1949)
- The Powerpuff Girls (1998)
- ThunderCats (1985)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
- Dragon Ball (1995)
- Adventures of Superman (1952)
- Batman Beyond (1999)
- Gargoyles (1994)
- The New Batman Adventures (1997)
- The Transformers (1984)
- Superman (1996)
- Spawn (1997)
- Axe Cop (2012)
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast (1994)
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008)
- Wolverine and the X-Men (2008)
- Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law (2000)
- The Green Hornet (1966)
- The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008)
- Beware the Batman (2013)
- Darkwing Duck (1991)
- The Tick (1994)
- Beast Wars: Transformers (1996)
- Freakazoid! (1995)
- Danger Mouse (1981)
- Super Friends (1973)
- The Maxx (1995)
- Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)
- Underdog (1964)
- Spider-Man (1967)
- Mobile Suit Gundam (1979)
- The Brak Show (2000)
- Hong Kong Phooey (1974)
- Earthworm Jim (1995)
- The New Adventures of Batman (1977)
- Birdman (1967)
- Ultraman: A Special Effects Fantasy Series (1966)
- SuperFriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (1984)
- The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show (1979)
- Kamen Rider (1971)
- The New Adventures of Zorro (1981)
- Zorro (1957)
- Daredevil (2015)
- Inferno Cop (2012)
- Luke Cage (2016)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013)
- Jessica Jones (2015)
- The Tick (2001)
- Heroes (2006)

Not very many of these shows inspire me to quickly seek them out, but a few them seem legitimately good. Others I am interested in out of morbid curiosity. Some of them are nostalgic choices I'd like to revisit. If you know my taste in movies or tv shows, hopefully you will be able to help me find some other superhero shows that are weird and better than those I have in my watchlist.

I'd say try Misfits. Not your typical superhero show, but it's a pretty refreshing take on the genre.

I see people mentioning the various Batman cartoons... yet nobody has yet said Batman: The Animated Series from 1992-1995.
It was that series that gave us both of the feature length animated movies too, The Mask Of Phantasm and Subzero... and... introduced us to Mark Hamill's Joker.

Out of all the various series, it's the best one yet.

I was considering getting the box set tbh at some point.

I loved the series when I was a kid.
I was 10 when it came out and was blown away by how cool it looked. Manbat was my fave character.

I had all the toys, vehicles, comics, everything.

Plus, they use Elfman's music on it too from Burton's movies which made it even better