Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Hmmm. @ScarletLion is Welsh & he plans to see EO this week.
I see some Irish screenings but London has been all over the place recently in terms of film times. If it’s out I’ll seek it out of course tomorrow.

Same, dying to see EO but it’s nowhere near being out here in the U.K. In practice, at least.
Yeah it's showing in Cardiff next week. Your local art house place should have it this month.

Yes, I found it.

Yet another film suggesting humanity deserves to go extinct. Probably true, that. Overall I had mixed feelings about the message, but it’s beautiful.
Bonus points: the below was the most revolting trailer I have seen in my life. Its first few seconds annoyed me so much that I sat in headphones blasting rock for its entire (excessive!) duration. I do know I’m overly sensitive to sound, but it was still ridiculous.

I love this. Gorgeous.
Guslagie Malanda is phenomenal.
Partita: III. Courante by Roomful of Teeth seems to be all the rage these days, I loved it in Dark, but I swear I’ve also heard it elsewhere.
The ending is… unusual, and I did sort of see where it was going, but some reviews are still perplexing in what they chose to highlight.
WARNING: spoilers below
The RT consensus: ‘A gut-punching contemplation of a woman's immigrant experience…’ I suppose this is precisely the realisation of the protagonist, which is ironic, but I can’t help but find it ridiculous beyond measure and a sign of the times that with a BABY THAT HAS BEEN MURDERED, one is supposed to consider a mother’s immigrant or any other ‘experience’. Seriously, WTF. My colleague and friend had a baby on Monday this week, I look at the photos and videos of him and couldn’t care less about the ‘experience’ of a bitch that would hurt a baby. I acknowledge there may be some ambiguity as to whether she is actually ‘guilty’, but I didn’t read it this way.
The world has gone mad.