The 2022 MoFo Film Awards - Nominations

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Haven't seen a lot of movies but have seen enough to make a decent ballot. The category I'm having the hardest time figuring out is the Most Memorable Scene of the Year**

It's a scene from RRR, for sure, but which one?There's like 10 to choose from. It has more memorable scenes than any movie I've seen in years.
It starts with "Naatu" and ends with "Naatu".

The trick is not minding
Just watched Crimes of the Future, The Batman and Elvis.
Crimes of the Future may be a masterpiece.

The other two were good, not great films.

Crimes of the Future may be a masterpiece.
When I saw this in theatres, there was only one other person there. I mean, only weirdos go see something like that at 1pm on a Wednesday, but I expected more people to be talking about it online after.

It's definitely not a film for everyone, but I think it's really intriguing.

Just over a month left to organize your ballots!

I've personally been doing a terrible job at finding time to watch films lately. I only have a few shifts this week though, so hopefully I can start working on that backlog.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I saw Babylon last week but still can't find The Fabelmans and Women Talking to be well prepared for the nominations...

What a discovery!
I saw Boiling Point that is listed in the 2021/22 films in the OP here.
Definitely, one of the films of the year. I like it very much. Thanks to the one who has submitted it here.
Will be a strong participant in my nominations.

Bravo!

I've only seen two films from that 2021/2022 list (After Yang, and Mad God), but I just checked out the trailer for Boiling Point and it seems like it could be interesting. I do watch a few cooking shows, so it's a little more up my alley than one might think, given my typical media preferences haha.

Man, the number of films I want to get to before the 20th just keeps growing. I'm going to have to make some tough choices soon.

There's less than 2 weeks left to get your nominations in!

If you disagree with whatever happens at the Oscars this coming weekend, remember that you have the chance to correct their mistakes here.

What a discovery!
I saw Boiling Point that is listed in the 2021/22 films in the OP here.
Definitely, one of the films of the year. I like it very much. Thanks to the one who has submitted it here.
Will be a strong participant in my nominations.

Bravo!
You're welcome, glad you liked it, it will be among my nominations as well.

@CosmicRunaway - do I just PM you my list?
Yes! There's no fancy Countdown-like ballot system. I'm manually making a spreadsheet lol.

Probably do mine Friday. How many ballots you got so far?
Just the two so far. I assume that everyone else, like myself, are waiting until closer to the deadline so they have more time to watch films and make their ballots haha.

The trick is not minding
Argentina, 1985 > All Quiet in the Western Front.

I know AQotWF is a lock for best foreign film, but Argentina, 1985 was the more riveting film, for me. The scene where the victims recount the kidnappings and torture and their searching in vain for the countless family and friends who were among The Disappeared kept me glued to the screen.

I might try to participate in this. Not sure how many of these I'll get to in 10 days, but I'll get a ballot out in time.

OK, I've just got The Whale and gonna see it this evening.

Still in search for The Fabelmans, Women Talking and Living ... Are these three worth the pressure?

I forgot the opening line.
I've sent in my votes for the nominations, and I'm raring to go! I've spent a lot of thought over each entry, and all I can say is hurrah for 2022! The ups and downs, surprises and disappointments - it's all a part of why I love films and filmmaking.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

Couple of questions.

One for the group: Are you thinking of Keke Palmer in the lead or supporting category for Nope?

One for Cosmic: is George Carlin’s American Dream eligible?