MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Horrible month. I just cannot function and we’re only a week in. Migraine every day, cannot get up or do anything whatsoever. Just dragged myself to local garden centre to get breakfast (didn’t know it was 2 pm) and realised they’re only serving lunch, which makes a lot of sense, really. Don’t know how I’ll survive tomorrow.

The weather is generally okay here, too, but the atmospheric pressure is killing me.

So sorry you’re feeling down & blue. I just tested positive again for Covid, but the good thing is the weather is being extremely kind.

When I am super-stressed, I try to take one day at a time. A man I used to work for (a multi-millionaire Holocaust survivor) told me he took out one worry at a time & dealt with it. Never more than one at a time. I remember what he told me, but my worries seem to bleed into each other.

How does the atmospheric pressure affect you? Unfamiliar with this.

Is this the second time you have Covid, or is it still the first time and your negative test was wrong? Are you still having any symptoms, or did you just test positive again?

Thank you, that’s kind. Today is a bit better, had a few huge wins at work but still sort of struggling, I don’t know what it is; never used to be a whiner, but I guess these few years will get anyone. I’m enjoying my new job like in the old days, get off on that corporate competitiveness and gunning for things, which is nice, I didn’t expect to feel that way again.

Changes in atmospheric pressure and/or temperature make my migraines worse (and are among the factors that trigger them). This weekend it suddenly got warmer in London, not by a lot, mind you, but I think that’s what it was.

Sometimes it’s fine, just a sort of buzzing in the ears, but this weekend was just horrendous, I can’t even describe it. My grandmother was the same, except she was even more meteodependent and straight-up felt physically ill whenever weather changed drastically.

Anyhow, I think realistically I just have the January blues. Very good advice from that gentleman, I try to do just that and of course it works. If only we all had the presence of mind to follow it through. I worked all night yesterday, not because I had to, but because when the migraine finally ended I couldn’t sleep, so I worried about everything humanly possible for the month ahead, work-related and not.

How are you feeling, do you have any symptoms? It’s absurd that this thing just strikes and strikes again. I remember when the pandemic had only just started it struck me that if I hadn’t had my surgery I’d very likely be dead from this virus, literally among the first European victims, likely, as I had all the risk factors in terms of serious breathing issues. Chilled me to the bone, that.

I will try again RE: one day at a time, I just need to apply myself.

I've read that stress can make migraines worse, so if you have a competitive job, that might be affecting your migraines.

Also, bright lights and loud noises can also cause migraines, so if you can find a way to relax in a dimly lit, quiet room, that might help too.

I'm sorry you're going through that, and I hope you feel better soon.

I’ve had so much “designer coffee” this week, but the best coffee I’ve had was from DNKN. These places with their fancy coffee are so expensive & over-hyped. Had a latte today, not hot enough. Had Americano coffee yesterday, nice & hot, but too strong. And both of these places asked for an electronic tip before I’d even had a taste of the coffee. I declined to tip since I didn’t know what I was tipping for.

I think tipping is getting out of control. There have been a lot of stories recently about delivery people screwing with peoples food orders because they don't think they're getting a big enough tip.

Tipping should be optional, and only for a job well done, not a requirement regardless of how poor the service might be.

Is this the second time you have Covid, or is it still the first time and your negative test was wrong? Are you still having any symptoms, or did you just test positive again?
So I’ve tested positive twice now since I was in the ED on Xmas Day. Internist’s tech told me Covid can linger for 90 days. I have no symptoms & the bronchitis I was in the ED for has gone away completely. My at-home test was negative & it was positive on Xmas Day.

Husband has never been tested and, knowing him, he may not be telling his doctors (he has several) that he has been exposed to someone with Covid (me). For all I know, he could have Covid & gave it to me.

I’ve moved on to other worries now. Seems like everyone & his brother where I live has had Covid.

FYI, here is the Covid thread I started. https://www.movieforums.com/communit...78#post2360578

I think tipping is getting out of control. There have been a lot of stories recently about delivery people screwing with peoples food orders because they don't think they're getting a big enough tip.

Tipping should be optional, and only for a job well done, not a requirement regardless of how poor the service might be.
Subway just introduced tipping. Optional. I usually ignore it.

I over-tip, but I never tip if it’s not justified. If someone makes my life easier, I tip that person.

Husband has never been tested and, knowing him, he may not be telling his doctors (he has several) that he has been exposed to someone with Covid (me). For all I know, he could have Covid & gave it to me.

I’ve moved on to other worries now. Seems like everyone & his brother where I live has had Covid.
I’m glad you’re feeling better. I do think everyone has it and is just past caring. My entire office sneezes and coughs, but no one tests or mentions Covid.

I’ve arrived at a point where I’m watching something (usually TV shows) before as well as after work now, meaning around 6 am. Doesn’t sound very healthy, but I feel like it sets me up for the day with positive vibes.

Subway just introduced tipping. Optional. I usually ignore it.

I over-tip, but I never tip if it’s not justified. If someone makes my life easier, I tip that person.
Forgot to say: I positively hate tipping taxi drivers & they always expect it.

I’m glad you’re feeling better. I do think everyone has it and is just past caring. My entire office sneezes and coughs, but no one tests or mentions Covid.

I’ve arrived at a point where I’m watching something (usually TV shows) before as well as after work now, meaning around 6 am. Doesn’t sound very healthy, but I feel like it sets me up for the day with positive vibes.
I’m afraid to even mention Covid now. People either freak out if you say something or they run a mile when they see you coming. Definitely not telling anyone I’ve tested positive twice.

I couldn’t watch tv or a movie at 6 a.m. I get up around 5:30 a.m. & it’s the only time I can be alone for a couple of hours & I prize the time. I turn on a Philadelphia classical music radio station on my iPad in my office & only I can hear it downstairs.

Leaving the USA to Europe is the most difficult challenge of my life and the most important decision of my life. I couldn't have made a better choice and I wonder how much more my life would be had I left the US ten or twenty years ago. All that good stuff I missed out on here is available in abundance over there. Simply sayin.

Leaving the USA to Europe is the most difficult challenge of my life and the most important decision of my life. I couldn't have made a better choice and I wonder how much more my life would be had I left the US ten or twenty years ago. All that good stuff I missed out on here is available in abundance over there. Simply sayin.
Where do you live now?

They thought confidently to themselves, "It's always gonna be like this." With a smug smile they continued on satisfied with their monopoly. Then one day I got away. Needless to say, it isn't like that anymore and I'm a free man.

Ugh, my most dreaded month of the year. Though, so far, the weather is extremely kind.
Wowser, I survived January quite easily. It snowed twice, once for half a day & once very wet snow that didn’t stick much. Last January it snowed 5 times & one of those times was major.

Phew, only used my snow shovel a very little bit.

I never thought what happened to George Costanza in the Masseuse episode of Seinfeld would happen to me.

There's a married woman in my apartment complex who absolutely hates me, & that has caused me to find her attractive.

As to why she hates me - in brief. Her friend lives in the apartment above mine, & their little kids used to raise an absolute mayhem by playing together inside the apartment above me. Their jumping & running drove me mad. So I got the Residential Association involved who eventually ruled that they can't let their kids play loud games inside their apartments if it disturbs others.

Now everytime I run into the two mothers, (usually when I am waiting for the elevator or my post dinner walks in the building compound) they both give me angry looks.

I don't care about the woman who lives above me, but the issue with other one is different. The funny thing is that I have known her for four-five years, but have only started finding her attractive now. The more she gives me a stink eye or a foul look, the more I find her attractive.
I hope this is a passing phase .

PS: I have no intention of acting on it, simply because she is married.

Dang, for 85 Marlo Thomas looks good!

Wow, most dogs don't make it past 12. Who is the human behind her?