The Videogames Tab

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
3-day weekend incoming. I'm hoping I won't have to work on anything but house chores so that I can spend some time on the console. I have two end tables to put together to then place speakers on by the T.V. I need to set up the receiver and run cable at least just to the front speaker for now. That should help organize things a bit more in the living room area and improve the sound of things a LOT (I hope). I hate riding the volume to hear dialogue and rush to knock it all back down when explosions or music kick in.

Yeah. I'm bored at work at the moment. Fight me.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

there's a frog in my snake oil
It's nearly Star Citizen's 10th Anniversary, so I made a musical tribute...

(It's stuffed with in-jokes which will make no sense )

(That's Mark Hamill in the box...)

there's a frog in my snake oil
Nah, still on Quest 2 for PCVR. But really haven't used it much recently. (Broke a finger in a football incident :/. I was mainly only using the piano AR app anyway, so that put paid to that for a bit )

It's good that Sony are jumping back in. Kinda need to see more titles lined up though. (Good to see the old Iron Man exclusive come over to Quest though. The flight model looks fun in that, even if the episodic campaign looks a bit more meh. Def a sale buy for me down the line.)

holy monkey butts, batman! that new thing is $599US!!? not even with a game! but that webpage is very nice.

holy monkey butts, batman! that new thing is $599US!!? not even with a game! but that webpage is very nice.
Yeah, the price of monkey butts has soared recently - not really sure why but Christmas is approaching so it might just be that

Yeah, the price of monkey butts has soared recently - not really sure why but Christmas is approaching so it might just be that
I miss my childhood days of stuffing greasy monkey butts into everyone's stockings. we had to stop though cuz one year, an ember from the fireplace ignited one of the socks dripping from monkey fat. the entire living room went up in flames. while the fire fighters were able to put it out, the smell of singed monkey fur was just too much for grandma to bear. that ended such a loverly tradition.

I hate that prices are going up, but at least that's likely a sign that others are enjoying in the festivities this year.

You ready? You look ready.
i bought a Series S

help me pick a game or two. no more than two

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Hitman 3 (with 1&2 season pass)
AC: Valhalla
Tomb Raider trilogy
Call of the Sea

i bought a Series S

help me pick a game or two. no more than two

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Hitman 3 (with 1&2 season pass)
AC: Valhalla
Tomb Raider trilogy
Call of the Sea

I cannot help you. You are on the other side of the wall. An enemy.

But I will say I picked up Plague Tale a while back and the controls felt very still and restrictive. I never got past the intro. Watch some gameplay videos to see what you think. For me the view/pan speeds were much too slow.

im so not happy that elden ring won game of the year -.- it should of been god of war Ragnarok to win. god of war ragnarok got robbed but anyways this game called CRIME BOSS ROCKAY CITY it reminds me of GTA vice city. it has good casting also and loved michael rooker and vanilla ice. iam for sure getting this game

The Adventure Starts Here!
Finally upgraded from my old Nintendo Wii to the Switch yesterday. Okay, so where are all my Animal Crossing: New Horizons peeps at? I'm Austruck there too! Find me!

I never got into it, kinda missed the big rush of friends playing it right at the beginning of COVID. I am, coincidentally, picking Breath of the Wild back up after years, though, so I've been using the Switch regularly for the first time since Super Mario Odyssey.

BTW, if anyone plays Fortnite or just wants to give it a try, hit me up, I'll play in 2s or 3s or whatever. Same for Rocket League.

As silly as a lot of it is underneath it's just a really solid BR game, and obviously has a lot more staying power than the Flavor of the Month, overly serious ones that crop up every so often. Apex: Legends is good and all but the format is inherently stressful anyway without the game taking itself too seriously.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I never got into it, kinda missed the big rush of friends playing it right at the beginning of COVID. I am, coincidentally, picking Breath of the Wild back up after years, though, so I've been using the Switch regularly for the first time since Super Mario Odyssey.
I was playing the old Animal Crossing back when I first got my original Wii, so that's well over a decade ago. I was buying added accessories for it on Amazon back in early 2011. This new version for the Switch is much better and easier to get into.

I have Mario Kart Deluxe 8, plus some added tracks, and a handful of two-dollar games I got on sale this week (Pocket Pool, etc.). Haven't tried Fortnite on it yet.

Finally upgraded from my old Nintendo Wii to the Switch yesterday. Okay, so where are all my Animal Crossing: New Horizons peeps at? I'm Austruck there too! Find me!
i still got my old animal crossing on my DS lol. i havent played my nintendo switch for ages since last year :/ been too busy playing my ps5 :/