Asian Movie Challenge

Tools    

I don't know yet. I was thinking about running a horror challenge for October. 2 points for non-English and 1 point for English. I know that the anti-foreign brigade would have my head for putting more value on the non-English though.
I would be in. I am ignorant of many horror movies. Begin it now, from August 18 to October 31. In fact I could run it.

I haven't seen anything of his yet. Stalker and Solaris are the ones I've heard the most about.

Which of his movies is your favorite?

I haven't seen anything of his yet. Stalker and Solaris are the ones I've heard the most about.

His favorite Tarkovsky is Stalker. And with very good reason. It is also my favorite. In fact it was because of Guap that I checked it out for the 2nd Mofo Movie Hall of Fame.

1. Stalker
2. The Mirror
3. Andrei Rublev
4. Solaris
5. Nostalghia
6. The Sacrifice
7. Ivan's Childhood

All 7 are great though, Tarkovsky is the second best film director of all time behind Miyazaki.

Alright, I'll be sure to watch Stalker soon. Probably within the next few days. I may check out The Mirror too because that one actually looks the most interesting to me. Well, I guess I'm just going off the cover though. The only trailer I've seen was for Solaris, which I intend to watch eventually, but it didn't make me want to watch it right away.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
We should probably do that. It would also be cool to have a thread where we discuss/plan/schedule games and such. The thread could also be used as a database for ongoing, upcoming, and past games/lists/challenges/tournaments/etc.
Do it. Start the thread. I think it would be really helpful in keeping things balanced as well. If we had a calendar of sorts it would be easy to look at it and see what there is a lot of going on and maybe be encouraged to do something different for variety. I plan on having a HoF always going on now until the end of my mofo time or as long as people participate. Other than that I'm completely flexible.

I also like to see a variety of less serious fun things going on like song tournaments and tv character tournaments

I just had an interesting idea. A checklist challenge. So there are a bunch of themes nominated and then once it starts you have to watch one movie with each theme and check off that theme and try and watch one movie for every theme.

So the list of themes would look something like this:

Zombie
Vampire
Werewolf
Alien
Ninja
Samurai
Cowboy
Pirate
etc...

And then people's individual lists as they progress through the challenge would look something like this:

Zombie: 28 Days Later
Vampire: Underworld
Werewolf
Alien
Ninja: Shinobi no Mono
Samurai: The Hidden Blade
Cowboy: The Quick and the Dead
Pirate
etc...

Chappie doesn't like the real world
That's not a bad idea. We need the thread so we can figure out when we can do all these different type of challenges and who will run them. I do think Oct. needs to be reserved for a scary movie challenge.

I see. Hmm...

MoFo Organization of Event Planners

Round Table of Event Ideas

The Games and Challenges Directory

Council of Creative Ideas

The MoFo Ingenuity Group

Are any of those helpful?

This challenge should be redone in the near future.

It's time to get some new free-form film-oriented events going on this forum!